• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

30.30lb bag possible during Mntka Classic?

turn_in_poachers

Yikes.. I'm really glad I dont fish this event.. Too many patterns.. I really think it will be won on the clear side of the lake. But I doubt it will be won with spawners..

IF and only IF, it could happen with Smallies.. If someone has deep smallie spawning areas, I thin they could have a huge bag..

largies are not known for sittig around and laying eggs and hitting lures.. I bet t-anglers catch a ton, and there will be a few big bags..

But in my opinion, I dont think we will see the weight that other people think. I will guess that 27lbs wins it. I could be way way wrong. and again, am glad I am not fishing it.

I agree with DD's assessment but there are a couple teams who know some DEEP smallie spawning spots and I am thinking if weather allows it they can win it AGAIN. I had them in mind when I answered TBs question about smallies, but there are so many variables you need to be flexible and open minded because the weather can eliminate patterns, sight fishing, and areas quickly. Given the weather now and timing, I would be super suprised to see 28lbs, which I said in an earlier post. I am not sure where it will be won though, clear or dirty water. Although it is hard to sight fish in dirty water, there might be a few big girls ready to eat already in the dirty warmer water. Big lake, lots of patterns, as always someone will win. Good luck to those venturing out, enjoy the day, the moment and no matter what remember we are all winners doing what we want to do. Ciao

26 was 2nd wih a 25 and a couple 24s, I think high 22 cashed a check. We had 21 and were 18th, and had 20 by 930am and only upgrade a pound in 6 hrs. Had maybe 40 fish on the day. Just couldnt find the big girls.

just over 16 lbs for us lost 2 nice ones over 3lbs that would have put us around 21 lbs. i need to pratice sight fishing more. 3 days of pratice to find 2 deeper spots of post spawners. not much going on accept shallow. saw lots of people with there hands in there pockets in pre-fish and all kinds crazy contractions on the front deck to spot beds. i like it a lot more in the summer when they school up.

i think they have certain spots/areas that they know produce yr after yr. plus knowing the lake well helps big time. during prefishing, my 8 biggest would go 30-32 lbs. tournament morning, 6 boats were already pounding the 30 lbs spot. oh well, try again next yr. the most frustrating for me is seeing them 4 lb'ers cruising the shallows that simply just won't bite. i would cast ahead n it'll just turn around n swim the other way. i would move out of site n due a long cast to it with same results. even came back 1/2hr later, no go. i know them 4 lb'ers has seen one too many free food dropping from the sky. lol.