Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
micpic

Mr and Mrs Grosbeak

Grosbeaks and Indigo Buntings moved in today about a week later than last year. They seem to pal around together.

3516345463_9eddd84712_o.jpg

3517160498_b465ac10cb_o.jpg

You got such nice background for your male. Mine are all busy! Nice shot. That is the combination that arrived at my house today, too. Did your indigo look like he had blue measles, also?

Thanks for slipping in the new word on me X-Man. Now if I can only remember how to pronounce it. The bunting is using a ground feeder where I don't have my blind. He's skittish Birdsong, so I don't know if he has measles or not.

Mike

mic, bokeh (pronounced with emphasis on first syllable and "boke ah") is a Japanese term that in a photographic context means an out-of-focus, buttery, smooth foreground or background. smilesmile

Folks more old fashioned with photography generally just call them "clean" foregrounds and backgrounds.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• How hard has he been running this 400 HP rig? Might be as simple as a plug wire or might require a compression test. 
    • Get the choke adjusted that should take care of the cold start issue. A weak fuel pump usually starts to show up at high RPMs.   If left to idle the fuel pump fills the carb bowl, as you accelerate the weak pump can't keep up and the engine bogs and bucks.  A bad fuel filter will do the same thing and is often overlooked. You probably have 2 filters,  one on the gas line and one inside the inlet of the carb.  Replace them, don't clean them.   A  fuel pump pressure test would be the next thing to do.   If your getting the bog throughout the power band then I'd suspect something electrical but it could show up just at higher RPMs or load as well.  Condition of plug wires, dist cap, rotor, pickup coil, and vacuum advance.  1st check all the vacuum lines for cracks and loose connections.  Something that old is bound to have bad lines.  While your at it clean the PCV vavle.  Google HEI distributor to test the pickup coil and ohm values.   Check the linkage to vacuum advance.  You can do a visual on the cap and rotor but its hard to find a hairline crack.   Keep us updated.  
    • I was seeing the same things on the lakes in Roseville/Shoreview. I assumed that with the cold temps over night the ice was growing and expanding causing a few of those cracks to show up.  Maybe some of the light snow helped push the ice down enough to let a little water seep through.
    • Tried wiring the choke open at operating temp and took for a drive. Still misses at appx 45 mph. Always seem to miss about 90% of the time at that speed although sometimes at around 30mph. Next question,,, fuel pump maybe or possibly the EGR VALVE. Dont have a way to test the fuel pump but thinking with the way its hard to start I was thinking possibly low fuel pressure. 
    • Bald Eagle skimmed over on Saturday.  Today after the relatively light snow there are many areas where the cracks look like water came up through and discolored the ice.  At least that what I think happened. Since there was only an inch or so of snow I am surprised that it pushed the ice down and let water come up.  Anyone else have an explanation?
    • I am assuming it was either an Ion, SM Lithium, or drill setup... If it is, no need for a slush copter. I put my slush bucket over the hole... drill... then reverse. In 12" of ice I can do 6 holes with one dump of the bucket. Every 6" beyond that takes another dumping of the bucket.
    • I have the parts on order to get the unit set up for the ice.  I ended up buying a marcum lithium shuttle for my LX7 and then plan to mount the Helix on the shuttle that came with my LX7.  I am hoping to find walk-able ice in my area this weekend and hopefully the parts show up before then so i can give it a go.  I have the pre-chirp model of the helix so with a little luck i can get them to cooperate.
    • Big home game tonight against a very young and vastly improved Calgary team.  Should be a great game.
    • I sold my old 4 stroke and bought a new electric this year because of the fumes.  Even drilling 4 holes nearly gassed me every time.  
    • I'd be careful about extending these older guys at this point....extending Koivu was a mistake and if Staal proves out and he's worth it we can sign him later...like we should have done with Koivu...but we've already been down that discussion. Agree on the 3 on 3 OT wins...we showed more aggressiveness, it paid off...and then it becomes a confidence factor which we certainly should have going forward.  Big game tonight.  
  • Our Sponsors