• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Knot War

paloma for me to. also has never failed me. well i fish mainly fireline and you have to tie that knot or your line slips.. lost a couple fish back in the day before i tied that knot and now id never go back

Palomar is a great knot, but the Super Unit Knot beat it on knot wars. Guy sent it in claimed he "invented" it and he called it the Fishin Fool or Fools Knot or something like that, but it was around before that as the super uni. You can tie it with your eyes shut, a tad easier than the palomar, but both are good.

Palomar is a great knot, but the Super Unit Knot beat it on knot wars. Guy sent it in claimed he "invented" it and he called it the Fishin Fool or Fools Knot or something like that, but it was around before that as the super uni. You can tie it with your eyes shut, a tad easier than the palomar, but both are good.

smile

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ub...all#Post1777486

I tie the uni knot for almost everything..

Tried testing one brand of 80lb braid last year. Tied one end to a bunk bed and another to a stick, and then pulled until it broke. Tried the uni and the palomar knot. The line broke at the knot everytime with the palomar. The line broke somewhere up the line everytime with the uni.

I tie a bimmini twist to double the line then with the loops in the line, I cut the loops and use a palomar to the leader. for my floro leaders I like to use the palomar aswell. this year im going to try out the leader knot from the next bite HSOforum.