• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody know where I can get a depth map of Trade Lake in burnett county? Or any lake information and fishing reports would be very helpful. I will be fishing it on WI opener and would like to know what to expect.

No problem. I hope to be not far north of there on Yellow Lake for the opener.

A friend used to have a campsite there and said the bass and pike fishing was pretty good. I know there's some excellent panfishing there.

Good luck.

I was going to go there as well Don but after the indians lowered the limit to 1 cuz their too greedy i have changed my mind.. BTW How do they know if your fish came from little yellow big yellow or the river? In that case you could keep 3 and say 2 are from lil yellow and 1 is from big...

Ryan

Originally Posted By: Bspafford
WIFisher I think you have the indian part wrong.

Aren't all regulations set per treaty with the LDF Indians based on the safe harvest and how much they spear?

If you want i will post everything Larry Damman emailed to me. The indians set the limits based on what they think is right so that they can spear how many they would like to. There was an indian guy the other night in the pour house in Siren bragging it up about how he speared 68 walleyes all by himself on Big Mckenzie.. Its absolutely ridiculous..

Ryan

This is for WIFisher regarding limits on Yellow.

my understanding is if you fish Little Yellow and catch your two fish and then stop and fish Big Yellow, you could be ticketed for being over your limit. If you start in Yellow and catch one then head into little yellow you can only catch one more for a total of two.

It doesn't matter where you caught them but where you possess them.

Well I'm pretty sure you can take the alotted limit from each lake until you get the WI limit of 5. So I could go tio Big Yellow take 1. Lil Yellow take 2 and Big Mckenzie to take 2 more but i cant go over 5. This is just the understanding I have..'

Here is what it says on the 2009 Ceded Territories Bag Limit Page:

"The total daily bag limit for walleyes is five. If the lake you are fishing has a bag limit less than five, you can fish other lakes to fill your

daily bag limit. While fishing, you cannot possess fish in excess of that lake's daily bag limit."

I think WIF is right. The only issue would be getting your two fish from Little Yellow to your vehicle. Since there are no ramps on Little Yellow, you would need to take your boat to Yellow to load onto trailer. As soon as you enter Yellow with two fish in the boat you're over the limit.

You would need to park your boat on the Little Yellow side, carry your fish to your vehicle, then drive to Yellow and catch one more. Then you would be perfectly legal...I think. smile

Sounds like a plan huh Ryan?

Speaking of the bridge between the lakes ---

My Brother-in-law was telling me there is talk about replacing the bridge with a taller one next year. Has anyone else heard this or have information on it?