• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chatfishing Cat Room

AceintheHole

Wow Guys..... you are pretty new to this whole catfishing thing eh....

Its way to early in the season to be getting the wife's whipped up about fishing. This is a marathon race over the summer into the fall, try not to get such a bad taste in her mouth that when you mention the word "Catfishing" and you get the look that kills.

I'm just speaking from experience......unfortunately. I have yet to utter the word to her about it yet.

You might want to make sure the guest room is prepped it might make things a little less painful. I know mine gets used over the summer.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife knows that when the ice is gone, the boat is going.

I always thank my lucky stars that she never has an issue with my fishing. This may be a tad easier for me than others as I have no children at home any longer and after 34 years of marriage she knows this is what happens.

I got the couch in my office all ready. She's just never been around a sportsman before let alone everyday. She's just going to have to get used to it cause that's the way I'm made. It's not like I'm trying to go out 5 out 7 days a week here. I have not been out fishing since early Feb. Just trying to be nice after along winter of ice fishing and give it a break for awhile before open water season or in my cattin season starts up. First time I mention going fishing in two months and poof it on again. I don't hunt anymore or golf anymore just want to go fishing it that to much to ask for with out getting my head ripped off. This is one reason I started catfishing most of it's done at night when everyone's asleep. OH well such is life just have to roll with the punches. I'm not the one who's going up north for fishing opener for 4 days with there mother and sister. What did I say when she told Have a good time. Were going to have to hook up for a night on the river Tom. I could use some advice from a pro.

Ya mines not that bad about it. Just Can't go out on the holidays. She knows that this is what she is married into. Now for her coming out with me, I have to agree with ya Ace its hard now that we have a 7 months old son. Before Hunter ( my son ) came along she would come out with me an she would sit there, and have a good time.

Take a step back and look at the big picture. Theses are FISH were talking about. Assemble you’re priorities correctly; fish do not come before wife or others. Fishing is a form of entertainment; putting your entertainment before your family and you’ve created some catastrophic problems for your self and your family. No fish is worth that

Take a step back and look at the big picture. Theses are FISH were talking about. Assemble you’re priorities correctly; fish do not come before wife or others. Fishing is a form of entertainment; putting your entertainment before your family and you’ve created some catastrophic problems for your self and your family. No fish is worth that

Umm I do not and would not put fishing over my family, Nor if I did would it be anyone but mine and my families business.

Thank you for the thought tho!

Nothing big just decided to take her out to dinner to keep the peace. Any ways lets get back to cattin talk and not me complaining about my wifey. There's other web sites for that stuff. By the looks of things the weather might finally be changing for the better.