• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RWB's

MARINERMAGNUM

These guys are anxious to get north!

I was hoping to find a Yellow Rump Warbler this morn,or a Kinglet as according to my records,they were here last year at this time. I love shooting Kinglets-they are a real challenge!

I have some waterfowl images that I'll post in another thread after dinner.

These were shot with a Canon 50D,F5.6,iso 400, TV's around 320th,2X Tele-extender,handheld @600mm

3357244651_0b4ea3dedb_o.jpg

3357244819_266d32f25c_o.jpg

3358062156_93fbb72b1c_o.jpg

3357245119_0df5512945_o.jpg

3357279903_5443139322_o.jpg

Thanks for the compliments!

Here are a few more for this post. I didn't really consider keeping them,but each had a unique look that made them stand out. The last Finch image really has me confused. It was only cropped and sized [which is about the limit of my PP'ing abilities]-but it has a strange look to it that I can't explain. Maybe the branches doing something with the light?? Someone may have an idea.

Ma and Pa

3357674131_7b2a43e124.jpg

3357674437_bbe23d5cfb_o.jpg

I'd clone out the twig if I knew how!

3357674303_1a088bd002_o.jpg

Those red wing black bird images are superb. Great bg control and I love the dogwood perch! Excellent stuff! To answer your question regarding the finch image, it just looks like you were shooting through some stuff and there are oof areas in the fg where there were probably branch(es) quite close to you, close enough to be so oof so as not to be discernable but still have a softening effect on the image?

Dan,this was with the 300 + 2X TC-which is about all I use now after figuring out the best way to drive it-and realizing all the scuttlebut I read on other forums about the 2X making images "too soft" was mostly malarky. It will turn in nice results as long as I do my part with good technique. The extenders have turned the 300 into an unbelievably versatile lens. The 70-200 2.8 also does very well with either extender-if used properly. All the images I've posted as of late were with the 2X attached,and they are sharp enough for my taste.

Shawn,thanks for the kind words! I believe you nailed it as I do remember some branches and overgrowth in the foreground.