• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Posting Pictures help?

I am having a problem transferring pictures from my Rebel XTI to be able to post them on the web. I have an account on photobucket that I use. I am able to transfer pics from my point and shoot and downsize them without losing any of the quality but when I try to downsize the pics from the Rebel, they get fuzzy. Any ideas on what I can do to correct this?

Thats what we do too is resize them on the computer before putting them on PB. Just not sure why when we make them smaller they get all blurrery. I've got a couple of duck and ice pics I wish I could share on here but can't get them to work, oh well. Thanks for the help.

Is it possible to post to Photo Bucket full size? It may take longer, but then if it is anything like Flickr, you could choose the smaller size to post to HSO. How are you reducing your photo size? I use the XTI also, and have not had a problem with reducing to 800x600 (or 540ish I guess) using the export command in ZoomBrowser. Its the only way I have ever done it, I guess.

The question I have is did your Canon DSLR come with software for photo editing? Both my Minolta and Sony DSLR's came with software that I use to resize images. I also bought a relatively cheap program called PhotoImpact Pro (100$) that does a great job handling resizing, adjusting levels, sharpening, etc.

My guess would be that whatever program Photobucket uses to resize your jpegs talks to the jpeg file, but does not make complete sense, or compresses the jpeg to much giving it a blurry look, better off to use the software designed for your camera or to use a program on your computer to resize, then post to Photobucket.