• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

T.D. Mischke Back On The Air!

Shack

For those who of you who where fans of Mischke on AM1500, you know what happened mad

City Pages has picked him up and he is on (streaming) from 2:00pm-4:00pm Mon.-Fri. now. He takes calls, does his singing and is pretty much the same old Mischke grin Angie from GL even called in the other day.

Nice to hear him back on the air again. I do not think he has to follow those FCC rules either whistle

Well, there are a couple rumors. If you search around, you will find a true e-mail interview done with Mischke about 4 weeks after he got fired. He is pretty polite in the interview about AM1500, but you can tell it was a shock and he was not happy with it.

The reasoning behind his firing as stated in the interview went like (and I heard it and did not realize it would be the last time after 15 or17 years of him being on AM1500). AM1500 is owned by Hubbard Broadcasting, which also owns channel 45. Mischke got on a topic about channel 45’s jingle (when they say “forty five” in different tones during the commercial breaks). He had people calling in and guessing the right key(s)/notes the jiggle is sung in. At one point he wanted to know how channel 45 came up with this jingle. So, Mischke yells at Speed (Jason) to call them up and figure this out. Well, Speed was already doing something else for him which he demanded minutes before. Speed goes “I am busy, do it your self”. So Mischke says “OK I will”. He gets on the phone while on the air and dials the downstairs (in the same building) to the channel 45 office. The receptionist answers the phone and Mischke asks here the question right away. I think she did not know and hung-up. What Mischke did wrong was he did not notify or ask the receptionist about being on the air live. This is a FCC violation, which he broke almost daily for the last 15-17 years. But!! The receptionist filed a complaint and they had to terminate him frown.

Now, one of the rumors that he denies, because it was not on his termination papers was rumored around that McDonalds ad last summer. McDonalds had an ad that had mothers pretty much bragging about how healthy McDonalds was to feed to their kids. Mischke sunk in to them for this during his shows and this went on for weeks. Well, AM1500 was very close to striking a large advertisement program with McDonalds during or right after this. It involved AM1500, McDonalds and the Twins. Rumor has it, McDonalds backed out after some of their people heard Mishcke tearing into them, while on the air at AM1500.

There are other rumors that his contract was up and having just as good as rating as Joe S, he was hinting (in talks) at getting a major boost. I have read that AM1500 in a whole is doing very poor financially, so they fired Mischke (a couple days before Christmas I might add), hired in the new guy for nothing. I have also heard AM1500 getting the Twins has failed for them in the ratings and advertisement. It never took off after leaving WCCO and has not been the same.

That is what I have found grin

I didn't know mishke was fired! I don't get a lot of opportunity to listen to his show anyways. The worst thing AM1500 did was get the twins deal. They are not a sports channel, weren't a sports channel, and found out they will never be a sports channel. There where and are a lot of disgruntled car talk fans as a result of the twins deal!

1500 wanted to hire Bariero to take the noon-2 shift to talk sports and Twins but he stuck with KFAN.

Don't forget, this is the station that paid Gov. Knucklehead and the Babs Carlson.

I like GL, but more Joe and less Rookie would be better. And while I'm crakin' on 1500, Reusse is a pretty hard listen with that bunch in the morning.

Quote:
Reusse is a pretty hard listen with that bunch in the morning.

Ya, I used to listen to the morning show everyday when it was just Jay, Willey, Kenny and the other guy they fired when Reusse took over. Now, I am sorry but the way they run that show now, I can not stand it frown. It has been on now I think about 6 weeks and I gave it a shot. Do not get me wrong, I liked when Reusse would come on and do his top of the hour sports, but on all the time is too much. I like sports, but I like hearing others things also. Just like Joe runs his show, sports have its place and time. The only other time you hear about something sports related is when (what ever) has made headlines and is a big story.

Ruesse only knows sports, so he relates everything he talks about to sports, in a non-sports topic morning show. It is like putting Snoop Dog in charge of K102's morning show. (IMO) If a morning radio show is trying to draw in people, they have to stick to general every day stuff and not relating what happen last night on American Idol to a groin injury situation in a Dodgers locker-room back in 1981 crazy

So I have been listening to this a bit, nice to get my Mischke fix again. But you know what I noticed most?????

All of the people who "sponsor" the new stream are people who no longer sponsor over at 1500. grin wonder how thats working out for them grin

On your other point, I have too given up on the morning show, I liked the dynamic the old morning show had, with kodiak, and willy. Now it is missing something....

I also forgot about the robot thing at the State Fair last year. grin The robot filed a complaint about Mischke to the MN state fair board for this interview and he was asked not to come back next year. This is missing some of the first part, but still I think the robot guy was way over sensitive about this skit.:

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

And how about the ...rest of the story.

I was listening to Mischke a month or two prior and he called a listener an donkey, but used the real word on the radio and they went to glittery music for awhile. The truth is Mischke was trying to explain to people the perspectives some Iraqis would have about the US President. Like if your kid was shot due to the US invasion either by US or other forces, you'd want the US President hung, but the listener just couldn't comprehend that anyone would have such an attitude. He kept falling back to the 'freedom' argument. Freedom is wonderful, but if your family is dead, you probably don't care much anymore was Mischke's point, but the dolt listener just didn't catch on that some, okay most Iraqis simply don't like Bush. And Mischke snapped...

Let's face the music, like 70% of Americans weren't fans of our President either, imagine his approval rating there. Anyway, all that aside, I'm pretty sure the Hubbard gang are a right wing leaning bunch, so he probably rubbed them wrong on that dialogue as well.

And by the way, in my opinion, which I know you all desperately want, Mischke really was right to snap on the guy for being so narrow, it was just the language choice he could have modified. And he probably ought to have been on AM 950 when he took on the discussion.

I listen to both 1500 and 950 and find it interesting that people can't see nor appreciate other's perspectives.

Thanks for helping find Mischke. I still think he belongs on Cities 97 personally.