• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vizsla names

nofishfisherman

So we are bringing home a male Vizsla puppy in a 6 weeks or so and we are putting together a list of names we like.

We plan on having a list of names we like ready when we meet the puppy and then we'll decide which name seems to fit.

What are your suggestions? We want something more original, I've looked at some other lanquages to see if I can find something cool. The breed is Hungarian so something along those lines might be cool.

I had one named Remey. After having him for a while he reminded me more of a weasel so 9 times out 10 I would just call him Weasel. He seemed to respond better to it. Maybe it was that whole thing like when your parents call you by your given name rather then your nickname. Full name always ment I was in trouble.

Dan

I've got a male named "Copper." Wifes idea, but I've come to like it. Kinda like what "thedanimalkmk" said, "Cop" when he's good (which is most of the time) and "Copper" when he needs some redirection.

Next one is gonna be "Cash" or "J.R."

I tried finding a Hun name too, but couldn't find a male name I liked. Good luck.

Quote:

That's funny! My uncle has two GSP's and they are named Junior and Cash.

Another uncle has had five Vizsla's.

Megan

Laska

Sal

Ringer

Dakota

On the papers he chose some different names. He incorporated his town and a few other things. For example, Sal the Prince of Kathio or something like that. It never hurts to be creative on the papers.

Quote:

That's funny! My uncle has two GSP's and they are named Junior and Cash.

lol. Pretty good, but J.R. would be "jay are", rather than Junior, as in J.R. (Johnny) Cash.

BTW, Bro-in-law has a V named Rocket. 'nother idea. Good luck.

I always like to name the dog after I get them. More often than not the dogs almost name themselves.

I agree. Our first Vizsla is Vincent(aka Vin or Vince), but Charlie obviously named himself. A little less fitting of a name for a Vizsla, but he has always sorta clumbered along. He screams Charlie with every clumsy step. crazy

wait till ya bring him home it's much easier to name them after youve interacted with them for a few days mine was called austin when we got him and though it was far from my first choice it just kinda stuck

We have a list of 4-5 names right now. We've met all the puppies a few times now and we'll be bringing him home in about a week. Once we have him home we'll see what name from the list seems to fit. Maybe none of them will and it will end up being something else but atleast we have a starting point.