• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ski doo rev 144

coombia21

If it's a mountain sled (which most likely it is) it's not going to be the best trail sled vs your standard rev's/Renegade models. The suspension is a little different and IMO wont handle the bumps as well. The front end would also be narrower, thus more tippy in the turns. Being it's a 144" mountain sled you may have limited top end speed also....which isn't always what people are looking for when lake riding.

Is this a Summit?

It's not going to be a great trail sled for the reasons I listed above (suspension and narrow front end), but you shouldn't get stuck here in MN!!! Going strait across a flat lake fine as long as there's snow (much like any sled). Might also need some clutching adjustment depending on where the sled had been ridden (mountains vs here).

I would look for a Renegade if I were you. Should not have any issues getting stuck.

It's not going to be a great trail sled for the reasons I listed above (suspension and narrow front end), but you shouldn't get stuck here in MN!!! Going strait across a flat lake fine as long as there's snow (much like any sled). Might also need some clutching adjustment depending on where the sled had been ridden (mountains vs here).

I would look for a Renegade if I were you. Should not have any issues getting stuck.

Thats what i would do. unless the track has been changed it probley has a 2inch track which when you are on hard snow the slides will start to get sticky in a hurry. if you will be trail ridding i would stay away from this sled unless its a steal where you will have enough money to make it work for you.

It has to be a Summit if it is a 144 unless they long tracked it. I think a summit is a better sled then a renegade just because it isn't as wide. A 144 can get a little long around here but if you ride up north or want to ever go out west you can take this sled out there.

I couldn't believe the number of mountain sleds I saw on the trails this past weekend from I Falls to Orr. All a person really has to do is put scratchers on. They throw enough snow to keep the sled cool and the hyfax lubed. They do have a tendency to break when one rides a bit hard. Scratchers aren't made for distch banging.