• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Minnesota Winter Archery League?

I know its hunting season.. I just wanted to throw the idea out there... Would anybody be willing to be in a fishing Minnesota Archery league.. Like an NFAA indoor 300 round... shoot on your own honor and submit a score...We could do teams and have a handicap system to make it fun... No prises, no entry fee.. just bragging rights!

Anybody interested?

For those who are not familiar with an NFAA 300 round.. its shot at 20 yards.. .60 arrows... 5 arrow "Ends", 12 ends to equal 60 arrows..

You may have seen the target before.. its usually dark blue on the outside with a white bullseye that is about 4" in diam and an X wich is the size of a 50cent coin.

If people thought 60 arrows was too many we could please the masses by either adjusting to 30 arrows.. OR shooting a vegas round wich is a different target face and only 30 arrows at 18 meters(19.5 yards ish)

you talking "bowhunter league " or freestyle?
I would be more interested in meeting some guys at the range to shoot.
my avg. is 300-57x in fsul

------------------
If people weren't supposed to eat animals.
Why are they made out of meat??
FM Stickersl

I challenge those of you who have never shot in a league or consistantly shot at the NFAA 300 round target to try and do so this winter. I started shooting 3D's to help improve the accuracy in my bowhunting... this soon lead to me shooting at indoor and outdoor paper targets. Shooting time and time again dramatically improved my form and consistency and was the best thing to help my accuracy overall. Shooting at league in the winter is a ton of fun and lots can be learned by asking questions of others while you are there. I also hold shooting seminars to help other archers out to get them going down the correct path and ultimately help them attain the ability to achieve their archery/bowhunting goals. If anyone would like to try shooting indoors I encourage you to contact your local club. If you do not know of a club in your area let me know where you live and I can get you in touch with a club nearby.

Thanks,
Russ

I wasn't really thinking of a where and when... I was more thinking along the lines of shoot where and when you can.. and then submit a score...That way you can shoot whenever you have time. It would have to be on the Honor system... anotherwords.. dont shoot 5 scores and submit your best....

And I was thinking free... you may have to pay at your local place you shoot for range fees but nothing to be paid to FM.. just bragging rights!

Great.. I think we have some interest... I'll start another post as we get closer and we can talk about rules, how often we would shoot a score, what kind of handicap system and stuff like that... If you have ideas please post them on this thread...

[YouNeedAuthorization]-I was thinking FSUL...but would welcome anybody who was shooting bowhunter class as well.. Like I said we would use a handicap system to make it fair... FYI-I had a few hicups last year and averaged a 299 with 55X.. but shot a few 57X and a 58X last year...

I don't know who said it but its a great idea. People should find a group that they can shoot with and start a team name. you know 3-5 people would consist as a team.
That would be FUN

For those of you already shooting league.. you could use your same score you shot for league there and submit to FM league as well.. Or shoot a seperate score...

Maybe at the end of the season we could try and find a central location to shoot a tournament.. Would be fun to meet the others of the board.

[This message has been edited by Exudedude (edited 10-05-2004).]

Count me in...

we've got an indoor range here at the shop now...full service archery. our league will start in january. we'll do a couple short fun shoots at the end of november (turkey shoot/ animal league/ something fun)

as far as an end of season tourney...I'd like to offer our site...Alexandria is a great fishing destination too....kill two birds with one stone...plan a FM archery/ fishing weekend getaway!...just a thought...

seriously am open to using our space here...

Jay.

------------------
Alexandria Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

EX, where do you shoot? It sounds like you shoot alot, I might know you.
I used to shoot alot at Bwana,and go to most indoor 300 tourneys around the area . Since I moved to Anoka a few years back I havent been shooting as much since there are no good ranges close to home.

------------------
If people weren't supposed to eat animals.
Why are they made out of meat??
FM Stickersl

[YouNeedAuthorization]-I shot for the Bemidji Archery club for quite a few years.. and was assistant manager of Kobilkas Sporting good in Bemidji threw my days in college. I do most of my shooting now at Gander Mtn in Forest Lake. And like to shoot a few 3D tounaments in the spring as well.. I like to hit Bald Eagle club and Chilicoot WI shoot when then have them...

Deitz Dittrich

I shoot a camo 04 Hoyt UltraTec for 3D
and a pink ProStar Meridian for spots...