• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pro guide hp

1900_LE

I'll let others chime in, but I wouldn't go for this setup. I would think with any kind of significant load it may be hard to get on plane.

I would say if you fish small water exclusively and don't take more than one passenger at a time, then it may work for you. Great boat though. 50 horse would be my minimum, with a 60 or 75 being preferred. Good luck!

This isn't a direct response to your question, but here's a thread from last year were a member was comparing a 1725 Pro Guide to a Alumacraft 175 with some good replies in it:

1725 vs 175

With respect to how well a 40 hp would do on a 1725 Pro Guide... I'd say it'll get it up on plane, but loaded down you're going to struggle to get on plane.

There's a rule of thumb that says you want to have no less than 75% the max rated RPM for a boat and still be happy with the performance. For this boat that'd put you at 56 hp...

A 50 would be a improvement over the 40 that you'd be happier with I think.

Will a 40 hp work? Yes. Will you be happy when it's loaded down? Maybe not...

marine_man

Thanks for the replies. The one from earlier, marine_man is excellent. I'm working on selling my boat I have now and I really like the Pro Guide. The Lund dealer down here in Missouri gave me a price this morning of 20,500 for a 1725 with a 75 hp Mercury 4 stroke. Does that sound like a good price compared to prices in Minnesota? That is just boat motor and trailer. No add-ons or doo-dads.

The Lund dealer down here in Missouri gave me a price this morning of 20,500 for a 1725 with a 75 hp Mercury 4 stroke. Does that sound like a good price compared to prices in Minnesota? That is just boat motor and trailer. No add-ons or doo-dads.

That's a pretty decent price and I think you'd be happy with it. Much happier than going with less horse power. I owned 2 boats that weren't maxed out on HP and I wasn't happy with either one.

Id say its a bit high priced. Compare other shops and work them a bit to get it down into the $19,500 range. Unless it comes with all sorts of extras like cover, Rapala Package, galvanized trailer, swing tongue etc etc.

New Boats are crazy prized right now. At times your better off finding a nice used boat. Heck for the price of a new Lund you can get into a nice used glass boats these days.

I'm not sure if you would consider Alumacraft, but I recently priced out a Navigator 175 with a 75 hp Yam fi tiller and he quoted me $16800 . Now I have been a Lund fan for many years and have owned many, but I'm not sure if a Lund is worth 4 grand more???

I did price a Alumacraft Navigator 175 yesterday, and it was 18851.90. But, it doesnt matter because I don't like the floor layout. I'd like to have a console for electronics, etc. and a rear livewell/baitwell. Like the Lund or the G3.