• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

which unit to go with

Fredd

I am looking to get my boys a used atv and have a couple that I am considering. What does anyone know of Kawa Prairie 360 or the Polaris Xplorer 400?? Any issues that I should know about with either model?? Which way would you go if you were me?? The Kawa is 2003 and the Polaris is 2000 model.

Thanks Guys!

I'm a Polaris guy but, the 2000 model was right around the time Polaris was starting to build a better machine. I'd be more inclined to go with the Kawasaki. The 360 is a little underpowered and is a pretty good basic machine. Should take them awhile to break it.

From my own experience I'd lean toward the Kawi. Just searching this site and it does seem that Polaris seems to be more troublesome.

I own a 1999 Kawasaki Prairie 300 and have no complaints. The only problem I have is that it doesn't have the newer features found on the newer machines like liquid cooling, engine braking, 2wd or 4wd select, front differential lock, etc.

I've been considering upgrading but have been hesitating at the cost considering our economy right now.

My primary purpose for mine is on the farm. I use it for picking rock, hauling wagons around, hauling small loads of hay, etc. I also use mine for hunting, fishing, and just joy-riding.

Bob