• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Value?

96trigger

I have a 1983 Alumacraft 16SS Lunker with a 40 horse Johnson Tiller,

I am thinking about upgrading, I haven't even run it across the wife yet becasue I don't know if its going to be feasible. I really have no idea how much this boat should/could sell for. I think it is a very nice boat for someone that wants to fish, but I would like to get rid of it and get more of a family type boat.

List of Goodies:

Electric Start

Navigation lights

Front and rear anchor

One swivel seat above the livewell, 2 Pedestal seats, (4, but one pedestal is below the front floor board, rolled in there and I closed it up by accident)

Panasonic AM/FM CD Deck and Pioneer Speakers

Livewell

3 batteries, one for the trolling motor, one for the radio, one for main motor.

Power trim, but the hydraulic cylinder settles, still lifts the motor though.

A depth finder in back, and depth finder in front, neither are anything special.

50 lb wireless trolling motor (I think, could be 45lbs, or could be 55 lbs, not quite sure)

Rod Storage,

Boat-Cover

Lifetime license on the trailer.

2nd /new/reconditioned prop.

Again, this boat is not for sale, if it does come up for sale, I will post it on the for sale forum, but I want to get a rough estimate of what it might be worth to see if it is even worth bringing it up to my wife. I'm hoping with the sale of my sled and this boat, I can upgrade to a nicer family boat that we all can use. The lunker is not a great looker, but its not ugly either, it has seen use, but not abuse. I love the boat but its not what I am in need of right now. What do you guys think?

And also, the floor has been replaced as needed.

Yeah, I use NADA guides, but on a boat this old, with newer equipment etc... I think its hard to get a good value. I was thinking somewhere around $3000. I've seen some boats that look nicer go for less, and some that look worse go for more, there just aren't that many of those boats out there to get a good idea on the value.

Trailer type is a shorelander with rollers. Trailer is in good shape aside from the paint, trailers great. New rims and tires 2 years ago.

After hearing the doom and gloom news today about the economy, It might be real hard to get her to agree to upgrading our boat.

I think you're in the ballpark at 3k for your rig... if the floor is getting soft or the motor doesn't compression test well you'd be between 1500 and 2000 best case then...

NADA gives you an idea, but usually doesn't give you a real good number to go with. You're best bet is to watch the classifieds and see what something similar is going for. When I say similar, I mean boat, motor trailer. Typically you won't get much for the accessories / electronics on a used rig, unless they are very close to new.

Good Luck!

marine_man

I've never had it compression tested, its always just started. I winterize it every year and take good care of it. Its a nice clean boat, but shows its age, motor runs good. Thanks for the info guys. I'm waiting for the right time to bring it up to the wife, but its hard to talk about buying when every night all you here about is people loosing jobs.

Anyway, thanks for the info, quite possible that you might see it on here soon, or maybe not at all. Just wanted to make sure I was in the ballpark. I think 3K would be my starting point, but would be open to offers when I do decide to sell. I understand about the used equipment not holding alot value, and none of the equipment that I have on there is really high end stuff, but it gets the job done.

You might check the oil level in the hydraulic cylinder if its low they don't hold also, there should be a screw to let the presser out to lower the motor that is loose. As far as the value that boat and motor is 26 yrs. old that price seems high to me.