• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

who know's their Polaris sleds? I need a little help

kdawg

So far I've made offers on 3 sleds, and 3 sleds have been sold from under me before the cash could exchange hands. I've been exclusively looking at 03/04 xc 500 and 600's. Now I've noticed a 05 and newer 550 supersport. I know the supersport is fan cooled, vs liquid like the xc/xc sp's. What would be the difference between these two sleds, and would it be a BIG difference? I would be trail riding mostly and a couple times a year be doing a little more "aggressive" trail riding with the old clan. Any input would be much appreciated.

i agree gf has a supersport very very slow i couldnt believe a sled in this day and age could go that slow lol i rode it

i have an o4 rev mxz ski doo it a great sled and if you want to get aggressive very few will beat you i'mm 55 oups 56 use to race back in the day i can still keep up with most it a great handling sled if you a good rider

i've been thinkin bout puttin it in the paper i bought a new sled a new boat and lost my job so i think the sled might hafta go to help pay for the boat

it has just over a 1100 miles on it

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm soooo glad I posted. I used to ride a lot with an aggressive bunch of fellows ten years ago. I rode a 600 xcr triple. Other than it burning a cylinder, it was a fun sled. I know that the newer suspensions are sweet and didn't know if the last ten years may have closed the gap between liquid and fan.... Now I know. I'm tellin ya, this recent snow has created a frenzy... 3 swings and 3 misses for me. I'm lookin at another one tomorrow - maybe I'll connect this time. If I do, there will be a fresh post from me, lookin for riders in the Hugo, white bear, forest lake area. Wish me luck.

FWIW, I just got 2002 xc 500, and I am fat and it is still fast smile It just sounds fast even, hehe. I do have to adjust suspension to get more pressure on front skis. I like it, and holy cow does it want to GO!

the super sport is a BLG (bold new graphics) sled has been for years its new technology gone bad IMO. they have great suspesion and thats about it oh I think they have hand warmers too. go with the xc they have a great liberty motor and lots of snort when you get in the deep stuff. 500 motors are great out of the hole but lack in top end. so when your on the trail cruising your fine 45-55 after that the hang on appeal falls. get into the 600-700 its hang on till you see god and hopefully you can grab the brake in time the add ons are endless in the bigger motors also. the edge format is a great ride and the IQ is even better. stay away from the 2005 and up fusions they're trouble they are all over hey bay for cheap cuz they have computer problems and major vibration issues. any other Q's just mail me I know lots about these sleds (polaris)

zimmermanunderscoredanunderscorecatyahoo.com

That's odd,I have an '07 600 Fusion with a bit over 2000 miles on it and haven't had a single issue with it.I heard the 900's did but I love my machine! I would agree with the other posts though,I bought my oldest son a 550 Super Sport last year and have it up for sale. Good starter/girl sled but lacking in power plus they are gas pigs when you have to run 3/4 throttle all the time to keep up with the liquids running 1/4 throttle.

That's odd,I have an '07 600 Fusion with a bit over 2000 miles on it and haven't had a single issue with it.I heard the 900's did but I love my machine! I would agree with the other posts though,I bought my oldest son a 550 Super Sport last year and have it up for sale. Good starter/girl sled but lacking in power plus they are gas pigs when you have to run 3/4 throttle all the time to keep up with the liquids running 1/4 throttle.

hmmm maybe you got a good one, I have heard nothin but bad things about them kind off like the old XLT's some were great others were terrible

Well, finally got one. 04 xc sc 600. I took it for a 3 mile test ride down the ditch and a little on the trail. WOW!!!! It's been ten years since I've been on a sled and man-oh-man, what a diff. ten years makes. My first thought was, "yep, this is definately more sled than I need", but, I figure I'll grow into it. Thanks again fellas for the imput.