• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern hawk owls at eye level

Steve Foss

Hey all:

Thought I'd go into the archives from last year and several years ago to dig up some images of northern hawk owls that weren't way up in the tip-tops of trees.

The more I have to crane my neck to get NHO shots, the more I remember with appreciation how much easier it is when they are six feet off the ground. smilesmile

3200563428_b185126dab_o.jpg

3199716933_c2650688d7_o.jpg

3200563350_c7501aae46_o.jpg

Love the way you see the head straight on in the second shot with the chest and in the third shot you still get a great shot of the head but now you see a perfect shot of the backside. Those are some very cool shots that I'm glad you have shared again because I know how hard it is too get a level shot of these guys. All mine are all tail grin

HOLY COW EXCELLENT photos of a Northern Hawk Owl!! My favorite is the first photo. I have an attraction for long range photos of owls with a lot of landscape as well.

Anyway I got a call tonight from some photographers from Michigan who want to hire me to take them out so they can film Great Gray Owls for a new movie they are producing.

Have you guys heard of Carl Sams II and his wife Jean Stoick? [Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

This will be 3rd time I guided Nature Photographers to the Sax-Zim Bog. For me and a non-photographer its fairly easy after locating their subjects. I sit in my Yukon and listen to talk radio and wait till their done.

Sweet shots. Eye level, that is a whole new perspective for me. I only get them flying by or sitting way up high. We have a scissor lift we use for roofing, maybe I should drive that around the bog so I can get up to their level....lol