• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Bit of Paradise...

Ace

Hi all,

Just figuring out how to post pics and such...Here are a few from my Hawaii trip over Christmas break, my first real outing with my new camera!! Two gorgeous weeks in paradise...Looking outside right now makes me wonder why I came back:-) Pics were taken with either a Sony Cybershot DSC93 5 megapixel point and shoot, or a Sony Alpha 300 with kit lenses 28-70mm or a 75-300. No tri-pod, tried to do my best, everything is unedited, here is a couple to see if the posting thing works...C&C welcome!

The volcano claims another victim:

DSC00379.jpg

Sentinels: DSC00571.jpg

Splash of Color on Lava:

DSC00509.jpg

Lava formation:

DSC00549.jpg

Thanks for lookin'!!

Ace I thought you were in charge of the warm air we so badly need grin

The second shot is the spot I want to park my bottom for a while and just take in the warm ocean air. What the heck is in the lava a car or some kinda truck ?

Sure looks like it was a good time with some perfect weather.

The first pic looked like it was an engine or parts from a big truck...The lava had settled in right around it, pretty neat. I found that they let nature take care of a lot of things like that, between the salt, heat, lava, and humidity, stuff doesn't last long once abandoned. Some neat decaying cars along the way too, but didn't get any pics.