• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mario Cart Wii

McGurk

Just got this for Christmas, and have been having a pretty good time playing it. I saw in a previous thread that there were "friends" numbers being thrown around, and I thought I'd resurrect it. I think these are the ones so far. Please add me onto yours, too.

McGurk: 4726-2368-8563

Sandmannd: 1461-8552-5757

mamohr686: 4382-3789-6209

zamboni: 3909-8639-4808

airjer: 0516-8291-8105

hibbing(?): 2063-1670-0265

Are you guys still playing this? I can never find any friends to compete with. I finally unlocked all the characters and carts. Does anyone know how some players get the floating star next to their name while playing? I got a star on all the races but my star only shows up above my wheel before the game starts.

I realize it's not winter anymore, but is anyone still playing Mario Kart on the Wii? My son just got the game and it is a hoot! Just wondering if I could add you guys to my friends list? My number is 0388-5147-4207 if anyone would like to add me to their friends list.

Thanks.

I too just got the game, played around a bit with my son but could never get out of 12th place. I only did a few races. He is really good and plays a lot. I don't know enough to know my number yet, I will ask him, but that alone should tell you what kind of competition I would be! LOL

Windy

Windy-

My son is way better than me also, but it is still a hoot to play. I place between 10-12 usually. There is a definite learning curve.

It took me a while to figure out where to find my number too. You have to connect up to internet to go online to play and then your number will show up.

Let me know if you find your number and want to race.

PS. I love having Crede on our team. He has been playing pretty well, great defense. I went to the game on Sunday hoping to see him play, but of coarse Gardy put him on the bench to rest. :-(

Thor

mnhunter- let me know if you get online..maybe we could race sometime. I like your avatar.

I just got done playing it with my son and daughter. We are having a hoot together. I think I am starting to catch on. I seem to be getting a little better at it.

I have wireless also and it's awesome. This game is super addictive.

Mine does not drop the connection with 2 players, but is MUCH slower. I don't have an awesome broadband connection though, it's a 2 or 3 MB DSL line.

Solbes,

I have AT&T's new U-Verse and I think I have either 6 MB or 10 MB not sure, that should be pretty quick, yes? I am not into the whole computer thing so I don't know what is considered fast. Now I just have to get good enough in the game to make it worth it. I know my son races online against 11 other people and it seems to run just fine.

Windy

I've noticed playing in two different apartments and one house, that anyone else on a laptop or computer eating your signal REALLY hurts Mario Kart Wii.

It could be our cable int. but for 55 bucks a month, it should be stellar.

I've even had one laptop running, and the wireless router is 15 ft line of sight from the Wii, still disconnecting. When 2-3 people hop on the network, its pretty much impossible.

I tried playing last week, started at ~8500 pts, 3-4 disconnects later im at 7600, gets frustrating in a hurry!

Now that its warm out, I can think about 100 other things I'd rather be doing.

Agreed. I play computer games for maybe 4 or 5 months a year. Just better things to be doing from April through November.

I do pick it up sometimes at 9 or 10 o'clock though. I can't seem to stay above 7000 pts. I do really like how they have the points set up. You gotta be really good to get to 10,000. Make a 5th place finish when you're that good and you're toast.

I've actually found it easier to gain points in worldwide rather than regional....maybe us north americans play too many video games....as hard as it is to stay above 7000 its 10 times as hard to stay above 8000.

It kind of all depends on what room they put you in.

FYI if you see anyone above 9700, there is about a 99% chance they are using cheat codes, or have hacked the system, run into them all the time, dead giveaway is anyone over 9900.