• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

nice looking fox

Are you in a coyote area? How does that trap stand up to them. Any modifications on them. I have some duke 1 1/2's. Caught coon on some sets specifically made for coon last year and they held good. The coon had plenty of trees to grab and never pulled out on the back foot. One thing I did to mine was grind the pan sides so it would not hit the sides when fired. Now they sometimes get stuck under the spring covers. Therefore trap does not close all the way. Should not have done that and now I'm trying to find some new pans to fit them. Oops

yes i'm in a yote area but the woods i have them set the yotes aren't in there. The fox have the territory. My dukes are set out straight from the factory no modifications at all. The fox had its whole paw in there and wasn't going to get away. If i think i will have a chance at a yote i will put out some duke 1 3/4's that i have. I've just started to run my footholds. I just picked up trapping in the last 2 weeks. I dont have many out right now but plan to put out possibly 12 or so this weekend. I use the anchors that have a pointed edge and a slanted edge on the other side, that way when they pull it will almost never come out. You should be able to find these anchors at any trapping place. They are the ticket i think.

Are you talking about cable stakes for anchors. I use berkshire heavy duty. I even use them through the ice to snare on the cricks. Drill a 1/2" hole and pound them through. I haven't tried pounding them through the frozen hay field yet. I need to get more out also lots of tracks this morning in the new snow, but no catches.