• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Took my first trip out on the"big lake" bobbin for lakers on sunday.
I have fished the "big lake" many times before but never in 175 ft of water and using steel line to jig with.
For three of us we got three lakers that ran about 5lbs a piece(Fresh lakers for dinner,finally!)
Looks like another style of fishin that the wife will have to deal with. grin.gif

Jar Jar

Yeah sure is . Seems to take forever to get your bait down and get the fish up.
Condor and I and two other guys hit some small lakes in northern Wisconsin on saturday and the results were terrible, only three crappies for the whole day.
I havent heard from him about sunday afternoon. I suppose he will post sometime soon.

Jar Jar

Jar:

Speaking of crappies, fished the Gordon Flowage again today, third time this winter and second time within a week.

Last time out, using the access at the dead end of Flowage Lane and driving across the lake bearing right to the half dozen permanent shacks, limited on pike, caught several bass to pounds and even a 13-inch crappie on 4-inch golden shiners and smelt with tip-ups.

Brought a smaller lighter-line tip-up today to go with the pike tips, and caught two crappies and a gill on fatheads on that tip before changing over to big shiner in the p.m.

Brought home three fat 3-lb pike and a couple crappies about 12 inches. Cold and windy. Brrrrr.