• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dogtra 2300NCP - Opinions?

lenny7

I just bought a Dogtra 2300NCP e-collar online formy lab and only afterwards did I think to look here for feedback. I searched the forum and found only a few references to it. For those of you that have this model, how do you like it? What I'm interested in is the build quality, reliability, how long the rechargeable battery lasts, time to recharge, and the overall ease of use.

I just bought a Dogtra 2300NCP e-collar online formy lab and only afterwards did I think to look here for feedback. I searched the forum and found only a few references to it. For those of you that have one, how do you like it? What I'm interested in is the build quality, reliability, how long the rechargeable battery lasts, time to recharge, and the overall ease of use.

You bought a good unit and should have no worries. Hard to go wrong with Dogtra or Tritronics. Your recharge time will be listed in the manual. I have a 1702NCP and it has been great.

I bought my 2300 just over a year ago and it seems like a well made unit. I've noticed one problem with mine and maybe it's normal but on the rare ocassion that I have to shock or just warn my dog the number of bars on the screen will go from 4 to one or two (battery strength) and the light goes from green to red and it stays that way until I shut it off and turn it back on. Then it will show 4 bars again. I have it set at 40 out of 127. Even with it down to one or two bars, it still seems to work. Although I wonder if the range is reduced. I should probably test that.

I hardly used it last year because she was just a pup and so I never noticed it until this season. I did email Dogtra about it 2 - 3 weeks ago and haven't gotten a response yet. I guess I'll have to call them.

Anyone else noticed this with there Dogtras?

Nels