• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Holiday Season Wish List

jakemcarroll

I'm putting together my wish list for my wife and family and it is going to include ice fishing gear of course! I really got into the sport last year and am looking to add to my gear a little. I fish mainly crappies and panfish, with the occasional walleye, and would like to start fishing tip ups for northerns. I'm looking for suggestions for everyones favorite panfish jigs, mid range rod/reel combos, tip-ups, and any other accessories you might be dreaming of getting too! Just want to see what is on everyone else's wish list!!

Rope ... you get enought ice to ice fish in Kansas?

I tend to be pretty particular about my stuff ... so sporting goods gift cards work best for me.

If you don't have 'em already, definitely put a good pair of ice fishing bibs on the list. Spring bober setup can make a big difference for panfishing (I like St Croix Legends). For tip ups get the light plastic ones with the ruler - the wooden ones are nice but they are bulkier/heavier - don't forget to include a tip-up light for night fishing - and foam hole cover, couple Glow Chubby Darters (#3 for panfish), Get a starter plastics kit (Little Atom Nuggies are great - mix of glow and red, put on a diamond jig/genz bug). Just some suggestions to get you started.

Jake, I got a great ice jig set off of the pro site here on FM last year and love them. Get really small jigs and a good variety of them. For tip ups I like the ones that are round and keep your hole open a little better. See if you can't get a good spring bobber rod. Those are some of the things I like. If you don't have a flasher yet, make sure you ask for that. Try to go to a few get togethers this year and learn more about the sport and things you like.