• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Catch'n Covers ?

iffwalleyes

I just purchased some of these. I was woundering since the snap in so tight, when closed has anyone ever had problems with ice forming on the covers and making them difficult to open or completly free shut? If so what do you do to help prevent this? Thanks..

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
iffwalleyes at yahoo.com

The covers really have nothing to do with the holes "unless" you buy the "sleeves" to snap inside them.
I'll use my Dads (sleeves) and leave the heat on low overnite and they are still open in the a.m. or many hours after I leave.

If your dropped to the ground, banked, and have these sleeves in your in good shape..

backlash 1
I not sure I guess I will start the season out as they are and if that becomes and issue I could always do that. I was thinking that since they are plastic you probably can do like what was mentioned and give them a wrap to loosen the ice. I do like that they snap tight though for when you are moving the house nothing worst then to get to a spot and see that your are missing equipment that feel out in the move.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
iffwalleyes at yahoo.com

They are real slick. I've got a bunch going into my hardside house this weekend. FINALLY got the exterior of the house wrapped up. Insulation, wiring, lights, paneling, along with cutting the holes in the floor is happening this weekend. I like the fact that you can snap them in and have usable floor space if you are not using those holes. Guess you could put a piece of plywood over the hole too but these are much slicker.

They are available for sale on this site and I'm pretty sure you can't find them cheaper anywhere else.

http://roadkingoutdoors.com/accessories.html