• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Visited by the Warden Sat am

My Dad has permission to hunt geese in a cornfield in Isanti Cty.

Well, he went up north to hunt deer so I figured I would hit the corn field. I pull up the field and see that it was recently harvested, I'm thinking great. I go to the back of the truck to get the dekes and the Warden pulls in next to me. He askes what I'm doing and I tell him that I'm going to goose hunt this field. He askes if I have permission and I say I do, he proceeds to tell me that all of the land owners have agreed to not let anyone hunt until 1pm. Then he askes me if I'm ok with that. At the time what am I going to say. I take off my camo and go home.

On the way home a couple of thoughts go thru my mind.

1. Can they do that? Not let you hunt until a certin time?

2. Why would he ask me if I was ok with that?

Anybody else run into something like this?

Mike

If your Dad had permission for himself AND family members, I'd have gone back to the landowner. Because of what the CO said to you makes me think he thought you really didn't have permission and was just gonna send you on your way. Of course land owners can have "rules" but yur Dad would have been told that.

You sure it wasnt' due to deer opener? They might not have wanted a lot of blasting if they were deer hunting nearby. (I would think they WOULD want it, but who knows.) Just wondering.

It was a CO, badge, gun & truck with all of the gadgets in it.

I thought about talking to the land owner but then again it was 5:00 am.

I was thinking about the deer opener and maybe the landowners didn't want any interference.

I will stop by and have a chat with the land owner this week. I want to try and get out this Sat.

Thanks,

Mike

What part of Isanti Co.? I think with the Gov. in town for the opener the area land owners and law enforcement were shutting down most things not related to the Govenors Deer Opener.

If you were close to an area being used for the event that may be why you were shut down. Especialy with a quick response like you said. 5:00am. and all.

Personally, while deer hunting this weekend I had several duck hunters near by. One in a pond real near, and there must have been another set out some place. I'm not sure what the situation was where you were, but I enjoyed having them around. I felt as if they would push deer my way? And at least I had something to listen to, they were pulling up a lot this weekend on mallards in my area. So unless, someone was going to be pushing that specific field/area for deer I'm not sure what the problem would be.

I don't know, just my opinion but I'm sure many would disagree with me. Deer weren't moving this weekend anyways - anything to get them going would be nice!

Quote:
I don't know, just my opinion but I'm sure many would disagree with me. Deer weren't moving this weekend anyways - anything to get them going would be nice!

yes for sure, it was like that for our group up north near Bemidji. We saw a few but not as many we'd see in past years. Hopefully this weekend will be better.

I dont know what the deal is with the CO talking to you about not hunting til 1 pm. It's weird. crazy