• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

transducer zaps!!

DCON

I was in Cabela's the other day looking at flashers. A LX3 was turned on and making a ticking noise fairly loud, so i picked up the ducer and got a good zap from it, scared the #@%& out of me! Can anyone explain why?

DCON, the thing was running with the ducer where? In a tank of water? I'm an electrical worker so I'm used to a good tingle now and then. Would you rate that sensation as a zap or a "good tingle"? I know a little bit of RF theory. 1500 watts at "?" frequency can "wake you up". Not sure about a few things re: flashers as transmitters. It's all RF energy I believe. This should be moved to the equipment forum as well.

------------------
chunky

There were a couple times last winter that I enclosed my LX-3's transducer in my hand to thaw the ice that had built up on it and was forced to let go of it. It felt...I guess it was tingly. However, I could feel it's affects for about an hour. Very weird feeling.