• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hawkeye Portable Fish Finder

Animal

I had one. It worked well, when it worked. I had it replaced 3 times under warranty, as it would just read "----" for depth. tried on different lakes, new batteries, nothing worked. I wished it would have work as when it did work I really liked it. the place I bought it took it back and gave me a flashlight style depth finder.
Just my feedback. It has a two year warranty, but I did not like the fact that it would quit working and I would not be able to use it for that day of fishing. The last time it did it, it would would for a few minutes, shut it off and on a million times then it might work again. the manufacturer had no suggestions other than new batteries.
Jim

Mine never worked at all. Even after it was replaced. Bought if off hsolist but was brand new. The company was nice enough to replace it but that didn't work at all either. So I bought a vex, just go to the best and forget the rest.

Boomer

I've personally never used one. I'm interested in hearing some of the responses from those who have as well.

The toys are endless smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Guided Ice Fishing and More...

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 09-23-2004).]

I bought one last year at Cabela's and I like how compact it was but it did not work for me at all. Never read the correct depth and it always said there was schools and schools of fish under my house. I returned it with in one week. The person at the return counter said they have had a lot of them returned since they started selling them for the same reasons.

I bought one off of HSOList from Sharper Image too...

I used it for a whole one day then returned it to the Sharper Image Store at the Mall of America.

Could never get it to read the correct depth. Spent more on shipping then on the item itself.

I got one off of hsolist, the flashlight depth finder model. It reads the temp and seemed to do a fairly accurate job at reading the depth. It says that it can also give you a fish reading but I have no clue how that would be possible considering it shuts off automatically after 10 seconds.