• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

20 gauge sabot slug?

Finlander

I have the same combo with a Bushnell Banner 1.5-4.5x32, but in a 12ga, I absolutely love it. Once you sight it in, even if you switch out barrels your still be zeroed in, unless you dismount your scope. A 20ga is more then enough for deer and most North American game. Some of the hunting buds shoot 20ga’s and I’ve never seen them to have trouble dropping deer out to 100+yrds. Most of them are using Winchester Partition Gold’s, and some are using Remington Solid Coppers.

Last season I tried the Hornady SST slugs. I was very impressed with how flat shooting and accurate they were, but I wasn’t impressed with their knock down power. I’ve got a fairly long post on them a little while back. I wasn’t able to recover any slugs, but from the exit wounds, they didn’t seem to expand much. I’m actually heading to the range today to try out some Partition Gold’s. If they group just as good as the Hornady’s I’ll probably switch to them. I’ve seen the damage they can produce, plus if needed I can bumm some off the buds too =) LOL!

Not to bash Hornady, I like their products and I've been a longtime customer, just my personal experience.

BTW, Make sure your scope is made for shotguns. A 20ga still packs a kick and can ruin regular rifle scopes.

I have a remington 20 gauge that I might put a rifled barrel on. The 12 seems like over kill since I never shoot past 50-60 yds. The 20 never gets used either, so this would put it back in service. Any recomendations on the best rifled cantilever barrel for a remington?