• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carbin Express, weight forward arrows

1lkstage

Looking to see how many of us shoot these carbon Express arrows and what they have found out for differences from there last arrows.

I switched from the Bemans IC 400's this year to the Carbon Express Maxima with the blazer vanes/ weight forward design. There simpy awesume in my opinion.

Just for the record I have a 26" draw at 58lbs.

As a Machinist of trade, I checked all 6 of them for the run-out they claim. It was very difficult to check, as they are very touchy/flexible. They met all the specs. and pass my standards of inspection.

Why I switched? I was looking for a flatter/faster probictory and found it!

Lonnie

I shot CX300's until this year(cause they don't make them anymore). Tried the Maxima hunter 350's and they dropped about an inch at 30 yards compared to the 300's. Heavier arrow. Did not notice anything special regarding the weight forward technology. Had better groups w/ the 300's too. I shoot Rage mechanicals. 29" draw, 64#.

I shoot them and I also have a dozen regular Maxima 300's. I notice a little more drop at 25-30 yards out of the hunters but thats due to the weight. My hunters weigh in at 400 grams and my regular 300's weigh in at 365 grams. All it means to me is a greater amount of kinetic energy but when I am in the high 70's anyway whats another 5 pounds?

Vister, You mean you didnt need this years best ever techno arrow that makes you a way better hunter than you were last year (untill the next year when the next one comes out) to get that monster you shot??......personally I think its all a bunch of hype to make more $$$. If it makes you feel more confident fine, its your money. I am also a machinist by trade and know what the tolerances mean. I fell for the marketing hype when I first got into bow hunting but have learned my lesson since. I bought a half dozen maxima hunters when they first came out and since then dozens of cabela's carbon hunter ones with blazers and they shoot just as well and hold up allmost as long at half the price. look at the specs, a couple thousands difference is a lot less than I could ever tell by shooting and I'd bet Chuck Adams himself couldnt tell the difference.