• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opinions Needed!!!!!!!!

Giant_Jackpot

I need opinions on how I can get more people to spend a few minutes writing to their representatives. The 3/16 initiative (or the ¼ initiative) has some real good momentum this year but we all need to stand up and be heard in order to make it a reality. I’ve tried a couple of different posts here on FM but there does not seem to be much support. I know that most of you probably support the initiative and it would be nice if you took the time to write to your reps and let them know how you feel. Any comments are welcome.

If you need more information on the 3/16ths initiative, check out the Star Tribune link below. Also if you go to the Star Tribune web site and click on the Outdoors section, you will find at least 5 articles about the initiative. The other link is the district finder to easily find out who your reps are and links to their contact info.

I have contacted both my state reps and unfortunately they do not support it. They are in district 44B. If more people from 44B write in maybe they will be forced to change their minds.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/531/4350001.html
http://maps.commissions.leg.state.mn.us/HSOforum/districts/

Ole,

I had to send a second e-mail to get them to respond. Not good response to a constituent if you ask me. They both had the same response almost like they got together before responding. I would agree that some of them vote how they feel but that is why it is so important for ALL of us to send an e-mail or give them a call. If they don’t support it maybe it can be a reason to not vote for them in the next election!

Jackpot, I emailed my reps. in 38A, I have not received any kind of response. Did you call your rep or write and did they respond to you? How did you find out they didn't support the bill? I have a very big concern that alot of our reps. vote what they want and not necessarily what their constituents want, how do you feel about that?

Ole

the best thing i can think of for reaching the sportsmen is to get people to talk at places like DU and Pheasants Forever banquets. this reaches the largest number of devoted sportsmans and if you figure that maybe 1/100 will actualy write a letter, then the more people you reach the more letters there will be. this would even be a great place to have people sign a petition. especially since tehre is a lot of beer served. if you can sway their opinion then they wil be highly likely to follow the crowd and sign.

gophish.

here's somemore stuff.
i just emailed all my congress men and would like to let everyone know that using that link posted above it was really easy.
also i will bring this issue up to the people at the next sportsmen's club meating we have here at NDSU where many of us are from MN.