• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX-1 vs. Vexilar FL-8

jeffyo45

Looking for input as to how the LX-1 compares to the FL-8. There is a certain store that has the LX-1 on sale for $230. I think I finally have the wife conviced enough to let me get a flasher so if the LX-1 performs similar enough to the FL-8 I want to get one. Somebody please help.

Thanks

I don't have the LX-1. I have an LX-3 and a FL-18 and I prefer the LX-3. I talked to my buddy Rob and he has been using an LX-1 this season and he had an FL8SLT for years and I asked him point blank which one he preferred and he said he liked his LX-1 better. He got hooked on the thin line display. His only gripe was it won't fit in a 5 gal. pail other than that thus far it's been a great investment.

If you can get an LX-1 for $230- jump all over it! I like the zoom feature of the LX-3 and the FL-18, but I don't believe that it helps me catch more fish. Just my opinion. Get the LX-1 for that money and consider yourself lucky- you'll have a dang nice flasher!!!

------------------
Scoot

So I got dat goin’ for me… which is nice.

I am trying to convince my wife to let me get one. I will reveal the location once I know if I can get one or not. The quantities are limited at the store that has them. They are $240 not $230 as I said before but still a heck of a deal.