• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Full Throttle Fuel Treatment

KTroller

My mechanic (local reputable dealer) recommended that I use Full Throttle brand fuel treatment last year. I've had to take in my 4-stroke Honda twice already this year with Carb issues. Used to use Stabil (which was recommended by the guy that sold me my boat at the same dealer). Anyone have any experience with Full Throttle?

I have used Full Throttle in my 90 Honda tiller for three years without issue! Each winter with Full Throttle I have not run the motor out of gas or drained the carbs. I must say during the summer I use a can of sea foam per tank of fuel.

I had a 90 HP 2 stoke Merc that had issues only while I had it on the water. I brought it in to 2 different reputable mechanics that couldn't find anything wrong. Both ran it in tank and dyno without problems. I take it out and it still had problems occasionally. (Felt like one cylinder would drop out (1/2 power intermittently, then jolt back to full, without any real pattern, certain RPM or load).

2nd place suggested running Full Throttle through next tank. Boat never missed a beat again!!??? I sold the boat a month later, even let buyer take it out for a day. No issues again. Never found what problem was, but likely was "bad" gas and Stabil from when I put in storage the fall before.

I continue to use Full Throttle in new boat. I've heard and seen issues with Stabil, if not used correctly, it seems to "gum" things up and cause problems. Not sure why, as I'm no expert in this area, just an observation.

Good point. Poorly worded. Just my experience with Stabil. The Stabil may have also been old (2 yr shelf life)along with not filling up with gas from a busy station, so it was my bad to start with. Thanks for the "Hey there,...."

Bottom line, I believe the Full Throttle cleared things up in by motor as it ran flawless after using it. No expert, just observations.

One thing you might be interested in doing is having your dealer install a water/fuel separator/filter between your gas tank and your engine. This will help clear up a lot of the bad gas that you may get and get the water/junk out of it before it hits your $$$$$ motor. It is probably cheaper than your trip to the mechanic.

One thing you might be interested in doing is having your dealer install a water/fuel separator/filter between your gas tank and your engine. This will help clear up a lot of the bad gas that you may get and get the water/junk out of it before it hits your $$$$$ motor. It is probably cheaper than your trip to the mechanic.

Just out of curiosity, how often is a person suppose to change out the seperator/filter? is this a yearly thing or when you start to notice performance issues?

Originally Posted By: Musky_Madness

Just out of curiosity, how often is a person suppose to change out the seperator/filter? is this a yearly thing or when you start to notice performance issues?

Generally, once a year unless you have problems.