• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weather affecting the bite?

tightlines

The Pike really like to bite just before some cold weather or a storm hits.
Today right before it started snowing I caught a pig of a 28" pike, it was very heathy and fat. Because it was like that it went back down the hole too.

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

I posted a similar question in the metro lakes forum. With the dropping temps and the supposed approaching storm, I didn't really know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. Gills were finicky but aggresive(meaning they were biting readily but just barely hitting) caught a few dozen gills, only 2 or 3 were under 6", about a half dozen over 8" and one over 9". Kept six 7"'s. Also caught one 17" largemouth, and a 5lb pike. Gills and bass on green genz worm tipped with 2 euros, pike on a herring on my tip up. Was really cold today, so i used the back of my station wagon as my shack!

I fished an Annandale area lake today in front of the storm. The perch were really pesky in there @ 16 ft. Every now and then, a pike would come through but they were small. I moved out to 25' at about 4 PM. Caught some small walleyes out there but they only hit for about 1/2 hour. They all got released except one that was gullet hooked. So I guess you'd have to say that the fish bit good today. Windy and cold though......T

Well the weather front didn't seem to make much difference. Went to a favorite pan hole. Brought the wife and from 2:30 till 6:30 was constant action. Picked up around 40 nice gills and couple 13" crappie. This spot has been consistently producing like this for several weeks now, once ya find em.Eat some fresh gills tonight for supper.Love eating what I am catching. Just doesn't taste any fresher than that..

Well, watching the forecast tonight, it looks like here in the cities we are supposed to have snowfall and temps in the teens for the next week or so, what will likely happen with the bite? I was hoping to try out a new lake on wed, but wonder what the bite will be doing...

Posted on the South Central forum about fishing yesterday on Tetonka. Nasty wind out of the east - blowing hard.

Got 9 perch and a small walleye - partner got 4 perch, a walleye, a northern. Perch were 10-10.5" and fat.

Wasn't hard and fast fishig, but we got some.

UG