• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How many teenage girls go ice -fishing

Minnetonka

Becca, I have an two daughters age 11 and 5 and my son is 3. My 5 year old named Gretchen is sitting right by me and she wants you to know that she loves icefishing and her favorite part about it is when she catches fish and gets to eat them after we get home. My only problem is always trying to figure out how to get all 3 of my kids and myself in a 6x8 portable fish-house. This is why I picked the name on this board as fishingdad

What a coincidence, I have a six year old named Carly as well and this will be her first year on the ice with me. I just have to get the finishing touches on the shanty and it'll be on the river by this weekend.

I'm sure she will be more interested in walking on the river than in the actual fishing but it will be fun none the less.

My daughter will turn sixteen at the end of the month and goes ice fishing with me at least a dozen times a year. Our family vacation is usually an ice fishing trip to Lake of the Woods over Christmas break. She even shot her first deer this season, a small buck. I am glad you posted this because my daught thought she was the only girl that likes outdoor activities with there dad. The only thing better than getting the money from your dad will be if you outfish him next time out. I bet he won't mind either.

My daughter will be 22 this February. She never had much interest for fishing when she was younger. Now that she's become older it seems as though she wants to go more often. I think it's more about spending time together. Her friends always like to hang around the house, a lot of times they just come over to B.S.. Whenever her and her friends want to go fishing, I take them. I figure at 22 years old it's better than sitting in a bar drinking! Here's a couple of pictures of my daughter Teanna and her friend Jessica, Jessica is shown holding one of many carp, catfish, whitebass, and walleye we caught that day. f9de4a84.jpgf9de4a74.jpg

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

[This message has been edited by can it be luck? (edited 01-21-2004).]

My daughter was my best fishing partner for years.Since she was 4 untill she moved out of the house she came along every chance she could.(so long as her freinds were'nt doing anything smile.gif)
She even enjoyed splasing through creeks to catch minnows for bait and would bring her freinds along too.We had a great time and she often out fished me.Matter of fact I think she has the talent to become a big time pro tournament angler.When she is fishing she takes it very seriously and always tries every thing possible to put a few more in the boat.Fish just seem to jump on her hook.She's not affraid to bait her hook either! smile.gif

-----This is Baca’s dad, "Minnetonka". I just got back from a business trip and have been on the road all week. Thanks to all of you who responded to Becca. I can not believe how many responses she received. I treasure all of the opportunities to fish with my three kids. You should see what they catch off of our dock!
I hope you all get to spend many hours of quality time with your kids on the water.
-------------
"I'd rather be fishing"

Mike

[This message has been edited by Minnetonka (edited 01-24-2004).]

Doesn't anybody here have boys??? I didn't know there were this many people with daughters only- I have two. One almost 4 and one almost 1 and wouldn't have it any other way!!! Girls rule and boys drule- at least that's what the 4 y.o. says! The oldest is my best fishing partner!

Surface Tension:

This is what I like about fishing.
1. Sitting in the Ice house and listening to the wind go howling by when you are nice and warm inside.
2.catching BIG fish.
3.Sitting in the Ice house drinking pop and eating peanuts.
4.running around out side in the warm air.
5. Talking to my dad!
6. Watching my dad make mistakes.
7. Eating things my mom won't let me eat at home.
8. Coming home late at night.
9. Going on adventures.
10.knowing that I'm not alone in the cold and dark.

When you asked what advice I could give you here are some of the things my dad does what I like, he let me do any thing I really want to do but I'm a good kid so I'm not doing anything bad.

Becca,

Looks like your Dad owes you alot of money. Tell him to settle up with you, don't let him weasle out of the bet either.

You should see the mistakes your Dad makes ice fishing when you don't go with him.

Good luck fishing. Look out for the ice monster!!!!! grin.gif

------------------
and the release....