• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cast nets

Doug Smotherman

Has anyone use the wal-mart cast nets? They are about $26 and are 5 foot. I lost my bass pro nest last weekend on a tree 10 or 12 feet down and dont have time to order a new one. I know the cheap net dont work as good just wondering about the wal-mart nets.

I see you are in Indiana Doug. Check your regs, but I believe you should be OK. I personally have not used the Walmart brand. Normally you get what you pay for, but if you need one quick, I would probably pick one up.

Good Luck

I've been using a small chunk of crawler on a tiny hook for catching bullheads and creek chub. Works well but takes too long and doesn't catch anything smaller than 4".

Let me know how that casting net works as I am curious.

Darn it Dtro Hanson said he can't beat you to an answer either! grin

LOL! I don't know how many times Dtro and I post the same thing at the same time. Happens all too often.