• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sixers-Wolves Trade

Scott M

All the sudden McHale is stockpiling 1st round picks instead of giving them away. He might have turned over a new leaf.

The Wolves traded away their trade exemption from an earlier Miami trade and a second round pick for Calvin Booth, Rodney Carney, and a 2009 1st round pick (And the Sixers could stink up the joint next year or be in the top 4 in the East, the East is that wide open beyond a couple teams). I really like it. The 'cash considerations' trade exception would have expired if we didn't use it and it's a win win for both teams. Carney is decent, we could trade him away or hold onto him. Booth is a stiff. Really tall with a nice wingspan and can block some shots but is really skinny and can't score. He's probably best remembered for signing a ridiculously huge contract with Seattle (him and Chris Wilcox were grossly overpaid by that organization). Booth is off the books after next year and Carney has a team option after next year, so the Wolves aren't stuck with any bad contracts and could be primed to land a big free agent in addition to all their draft picks.

I like the move.

the pick is from Utah given to philly so it is what Utah does.....I do like the trade cause the 1st round d.c. but these guys should be used in future trades.....