• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aug 16th GTG

Quick and easy, snacks for in between meals, grilling or campstove cooking. We might coerce Teresa into making pancakes for breakfast again. We can get going as early or as late as we want in the am, but we are usually anxious to hit the water. BYOB if you have a mind to. I am going to pick up a pound of leeches for bait, which I did last time and it worked out well. No sense spending big bucks by buying them by the dozen.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flygirl75 - You are welcome to come along. Bring any fishing gear you have. If you don't know what you are doing someone will show you.

This GTG will be much like the last one I think. It is good fun, and we fish, and everyone learns something new. This is definitely not a Pro weekend (but if you are one we'll take any pointers we can get).

Patti - Yeah we pretty much last time brought our own meat to grill (hot dogs, whatever). Some brought salad, fresh fruit and snacks to share. We didn't go overboard with fancy stuff.

Iambjm - I will be heading up there Friday morning some time. I'll email you my cell number.

I will also be heading up Friday morning. I have my small tent and will bring up everything fishing. I so need to get away and can not wait. I will also bring up my walkies so the we can communicate between boats.

Hope

Hey all

We are planning on heading up Fri am. (Donna is coming, hope that is all right with everyone. She doesn't fish much, but will bike and swim alot )

I'll bring my usall, everything simple and easy !!! But will be putting the tent up for the 2 of us.

Patti between all of us yoy should get plenty of boat traing, you'll be cruzing like a pro.

Teresa

Tammi

Donna

Muskybait

Barb

Hope

Patty

Flygirl

Char

Sounds like a great bunch! I will be glad to do breakfast on Sunday morning again (pancakes, sausages, orange juice, coffee)

Saturday morning I'll do French toast....and the works as above.

Anyone have access to EXCELLENT corn on the cob? I am craving some.

I am really looking forward to this one too. Do you think Donna can hack all us wild woman? Remember I will be bringing a pound of leeches if they have them at the bait store, I think I will run in tomorrow and see if they do. I will try and be on my best behavior. wink I am headed over to Wisc. on Saturday and will be back sometime late Monday, long haul to Boulder Junction.

Flygirl and Patti how are you fixed for rods, I can bring a couple extras if needed. And don't forget life jackets gals.

Can we spell "guilt trip". Now you guys are making me feel guilty. How can I have fun when I am thinking about you back home crying your eyes out and pining for some time on the water. I guess I will just have to have a couple of margarita's to help me forget. Oh wait, I gave up drinking! Well maybe a pound of chocolate! Oh wait, I am on a diet and can't have chocolate! Sheesh, now I am getting depressed.......where's my prozac

Good morning ladies ~

The resort name is Idlewilde. We have three tent sites all together, so we should have enough room. I will confirm that the area is big enough. We may have to have our tents a little closer together than last time though.

So far I have: 3 boats (Barb's, Patti's, Char's) and Tami's Kayaks

For people I have:

Tami and Donna (1 tent)

Barb (SUV tent)

Hope (1 tent)

Patti (1 tent)

Char (1 tent - it is a 3-room tent)

Teresa (are you bringing the pop-up)

Muskybait (are you in the pop-up w/Teresa)

Flygirl (do you have a tent? there is room in Char's)

Yes ~ do bring life jackets. I have some extra I can bring, so if you don't have one let me know.

geeez, you gals are making me feel bad and im not even invited. (knowing full well its a gals thing only). look at it this way someone has to work to pay taxes to help out the economy!