• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
gofishingtom

Any advice would be great on a honda clone 110cc

Son is looking at buying a honda atv 110cc i believe from a dealer up in brainerd..Brand new still in box..and the asking price is 399.99$ has anybody had any experience with these units..it seems very cheap for a new unit and he has saved up his money and really wants one..is he throwing his money away..would something like this always be breaking down..he's only 13..So any advice would be greatly appreciated..

Sounds awful cheap. If it's a real Honda and not a copy it should be a good deal. If it's a copy and not the real thing, well that's a different story

I agree with hafnutz.

If it's only a clone, buyer beware. If it's really a Honda, than I would have to question why it's so cheap.

At the age of 13, I would ahte to see you son waste his hard earned money on something that might break down prematurely and he's left with $400 of scrap metal.

Great job on a youngster saving up this kind of cash. I would hate to see him lose his hard earned cash on a bad investment.

I would have to say it is a china made clone. If your kid was younger and smaller I would say go for it, its only $400! But at the age of 13, he needs a bigger machine then that! If he keeps saving, or maybe dad doubles his money, there are alot of used machines that can be had for around $800

I believe it would be too small. I have a 110cc china made machine my daughter just got for her birthday. it is a good machine. we don't have many miles on it yet, but rides/starts/handles nicely. I will definetly make sure all the nuts/bolts are tight after the first couple operating hours, other than that, I have no doubt this thing will last through her and then her little sister.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Drove 16 hours, 1000 miles from Wisconsin to our destination Fort Peck Lake Montana. Our goal was to catch lake trout ice fishing. It wasn't more than 10 minutes into dropping lines in the water that we already had two hookups and one lake trout on the ice. Throughout the day we had steady action pulling lake trout through the ice. Eddie from Lakeridge Motel was super helpful in setting us up on general areas where to go, baits, and techniques. Stay tuned for Episodes Two and Three, the lake trout continued to get bigger each day!   This day we set up on a nice 40-50 foot hump surrounded by deeper 70-80 foot water. Most of them were caught on either big spoons or big jigs with tubes, largo shad, or hair jigs. If you get the chance to ever make it out there, it is definitely a neat lake to check out for some amazing opportunity to catch giant lakers, walleye, and pike. Unfortunately we never made it around to targeting walleye or pike too much, but a few weeks ago a guy pulled up a 34" 16# walleye further up river. What a neat fishery.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i74ShAZoSZg
    • Here is what I would do. Hook up the trailer and turn on the 4 way flashers or hold the brake pedal down. Now you have a known good on the right side to compare to. Go to the fuse box under the hood and locate the "TRL L TRN" and "TRL R TRN" fuses (both 10 amp fuses). With either a test light or a multi meter check the fuses for power. should see 12 volts on both or the test light should illuminate brightly. If the right side does and the left side does not, unplug the trailer and recheck. If the left side fuse now shows power the problem is in between the fuse block and the turn hazard switch or the turn hazard switch itself.   If there is good power at both of the fuses than the problem is in between the fuse block and the trailer plug. Power is going away as soon as you plug in the trailer which tells us there is probably a corroded wire in that circuit. If you where to measure the voltage at the trailer you will probably find there is still a small amount still present on the circuit. Corrosion = resistance = voltage drop under load.   You will be looking for the yellow wire that runs from the fuse block to the trailer plug. There are typically connectors in the harness near the rear of the vehicle. Find that wire in the connector and back probe it with trailer connected. If there is 12 volts the problem is towards the trailer. If there is not 12 volts the problem is towards the fuse block.
    • Bad grounds  make trailer lights do odd things. Tail llights work until you step on the brake then nothing works until you let off the brake. Tail lights off and all the lights flash when using the turn signal. It is likely not a ground issue.
    • Nope.  It has been going on long enough to avoid that. 
    • Sous Vide... 😀 If not sous vide, then a dutch oven with a steamer thing. If it is too big for a dutch oven  with one of those folding steamer things then I would dig out my 18 quart roaster oven .  I think they even come with a rack.  
    • I think maybe Lund was too aggressive with the price increases in recent years of easy money or something.  When I bought my provee in 98, the difference between it and the comparable Alumacraft was only a few hundred bucks on a 20k package.   And the trim on the Lund looked nicer and more durable.     Some years later and I was at a boat show or something and the prices on ProVs had gone up and the difference was much more.      Presumably a deliberate decision to make ProV a premium product and insert a few other models  in there.   
    • Great call on the chuck, I'm still contemplating it, it sounds fun to give it a try though. At this point I'm leaning on pouring some smoke at it and trying a batch of pastrami,  just have to figure out a way to steam it in the end..
    • Minky, what lb test are you using?   I’m running 2 and 3 Micro Ice on pretty much everything I have for panfish.  I’ve been impressed with what it can handle along with its fish ability.  Pairing with the right rods helps a bunch too.
    • I had to do the same fix on my ‘Ol 96er.
    • Can you leave a propane tank on all summer or does that have to come off at the end of season