• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chevy Colorado Brakes???

Just had the front brakes done and couldn't believe the bill, 4.5 hours to change the front pads and rotors. Is that crazy or is there more involved in it? I've had the truck for about 2 years now and every time I turn around it seems like something is going on it and it cost an arm and a leg because they did some crazy out of wack stuff with everything.

Those are indeed non knock off rotors. First the knuckle is removed. Then you can remove the bolts for the hub/bearing, then the bolts for the rotor then you can remove the rotor. It is almost exactly like the setup that Honda had.

Where the brakes grinding or shaking bad?

I wonder why they could not "on car lathe" turn the rotors and put new pads in?

Factory rotor's usually seem to have some good meat on them and unless you do not have the brakes checked, they grind to the point of under spec, rust pitted deep or are warped to the hilt where turning them is not an option, I think they could have saved them.

I might not be privy to an issue with these rotors. You might have also had them turned in the past, depending on how many miles the rig has on it.

This would be an option I would ask about, before replacing the rotors.