• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy lightning auger

I just bought a Jiffy legend lightning stealth 2hp 8" I was wondering if anyone who has this auger would like to comment on it strenghths or weeknesses. Is there anything special I should do while breaking it in?

gilles:

i have the stealth 8" 2hp...i have drilled approx 20 holes so far...had it one week...only going thru about 8" of ice so far..

it doesn't seem esp fast...but with 2 boys..it is a ton faster then my 4" hand auger..lol...

usually starts in 4 pulls or less...doesn't seem to take much if any time to warm up...i put a lil' capful of seafoam in the first tank as some people talked about dry carbs...but so far..thumbs up on it...doesn't seem very heavy to carry either...hope this helps

tim

I have the 2 hp Legend with the 8" D-Icer blade. I am on my third year now, and I really like the way it handles and drills. I cut anywhere for 4 to 10 holes at a time usually, and it cuts without a problem. The clutch was a little stiff when I first got it, but after it was broken in, it will only got better.
My only tip is to fully choke the unit and pull till it fires. Flip the choke to half and let it warm up for a few seconds. Flip it to open choke and let it rip.

Thanks for the advise! I've heard that for brand new augers only taking the blade off and running it at 1/3 throtle for about a 1/2 hour helps the engine in the long run and makes it start easier. The guy who told me is a mechanic and he also said that it seats the engine and makes for a more solid running unit. Any other thoughts on this theory?

[This message has been edited by Gilles (edited 01-05-2004).]