• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I admit it, I am a barn'aholic **Pics Added**

Today since it was so nice we jumped on the ATV's and tooled around Grand Forks and Nelson Counties in search of Barns and abandoned buildings. I had my fiancee's Dad as a tour guide since he farms and lives there we found plenty. I will post a few each day for the next few days. so check back. I just don't want to flood everone the same day. Some are black and White and some are Color. All Taken with Canon XTI, 17-85 with Circular polarizer.

barn-4.jpg

barn-2-1.jpg

Barn-1.jpg

barn-3.jpg

Good work Paul! I find it interesting as to the many different architect styles barns come in from around different regions. I guess it simply boils down to nationalities of those who built the barn. Scot's, Swede's, Pol's, Dutch etc. they would all have their own distinct styles.

Great images, old style barns are a dieing out since they are all being replaced with Morton building and such. I think thats what attracts me to them, the age and different styles. Great job preserving the past.

I love the look of the last picture! I agree with Meaney, black and white works with that photo. No way in [PoorWordUsage] color would pull off that look.

I shot all the pics in color then converted to Black and White. I thought color would do but not so much in most of them. Here are a few more pics.

random-buidling-8-bw.jpg

random-building-2-color.jpg

random-building-3-color.jpg

random-building-5.jpg

Filters are awesome....but you can do all the filtering effects on photoshop and other photo programs. I took this one up by Brainerd. One is the sepia tone the other is the original. I still prefer color but the sepia looks nice too!

BrainerdLakesBarn2copy_2.jpg

BrainerdLakesBarn2copy.jpg