• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Bio Bait thread

Uncle Grump

Dave

GOt out late this afternoon on a small park and rec lake in ROchester.

Found the crappies and a sunfish. They wanted real meat - minnows. Could not get a single fish to bite on the S/M pak of Bio Bait (shiner minnow, right?). I'll keep trying....

The crappies were small, not a single keeper - but they were fish, and it was a nice afternoon.

UG

Uncle Grump,
Yep... at times live bait is just tops! In fact, most all the times!
Thanks for the great report.
Ice Bits is small in profile... but, is evolving as we speak.
Richard is attempting to determing exactly what size & how much "flavor" to add to the product, without having a over-kill situation. The test batch that was sent out is at a "minimum dose" of flavor. We wanted to determine the results on that amount and the effect.
I am going to ask him to "kick it up a knotch" and add more prae flesh... to the next batch he makes for testing (which is very easy done).
Shoot me your name & address in an email to: [email protected] and I'll send you some "full sized" samples to try out for us. I will appreciate your reporting on that one also. I am curious to see if SIZE helps trigger the fish. Thanks much for helping us test this product!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

Joshb
I had one pack returned where the label was removed and had two that did not get delivered... perhaps you were one of those three.
Please email me with your shipping address & user name and I will try again. Sorry for your dissapointment and wait.
Dave Hoggard
[email protected]

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

I would like to add one tip when using Bio Bait.
After you have the bait soaked and soft squeeze the bag to get any remaining water out before freezing it.
You won't end up with a block of BIo Ice and it will be easier to pick off a piece to use when frozen.
This also helps to keep the flavor longer.
I have been having success with Bio Bait but fresh bait has worked better most times out.
What I like about Bio Bait most is I can have several flavors along and experiment with what the fish are responding to most.
The other day i found that the fish were really responding to the crayfish flavor.They would race to it while not reacting to minnow heads at all.
I keep 5 different flavors with me all the time so I can fine tune what the fish want.

Wondering if anyone has tried Bio Bait on trout and if you had success? If so did it outfish other "live" baits? From reading the threads, it seems live bait usually outfishes Bio Bait but doesn't have the portability or the convenience. The kind of thing you keep in your tackle box when you are in a pinch.

A ZEN MASTER

Hey Dark30, ya I have and I'm planning on getting a few for next spring. I've also got my eye on those Super Do's, Monster Do's and Kick-N Craw. I wander if they will work as good as my top secret lure did on big browns last summer. Cann't wait to find out!

------------------
"Study to be quiet"

[This message has been edited by Renneberg (edited 12-27-2003).]

Hey Renneberg, I'm waiting for April myself (BIGTIME!) Have you seen those Ring n Grubs up close? I'm gonna give them a good workout in the Root River this spring...They might even compete with my Mister Twister! smile.gif

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......