• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lost Auger....

Moose-Hunter

Howdy All....

I know this is a bit of a long shot but what the heck....

A couple days ago I let my neighbor borrow my Strikemaster auger for his first ice adventure of the year. I believe he was fishing Pierson Lake in Carver county (?). On his way home, the tailgate of his truck dropped open and out went all his gear, his portable and MY auger. He was able to recover most of his equipment but my little 2hp Strikemaster was nowhere to be seen.

Any info leading to it's whereabouts would be greatly appreciated. There is a reward and there will be no questions asked.

Thanks for any help you can provide....

Dan

[This message has been edited by Moose-Hunter (edited 12-23-2003).]

Likely his Home Owners may not cover the loss - most have a clause that will pay up to $500 for property damage to others while in your control when you are not legally liable. With this set of facts it may be close - did the neighbor know his tailgate had problems, did he inproperly shut the gate or force it closed - essentially would a "reasonable man" done anything different- if you brought suit would a jury find his actions negligent - In my mind probably so, which cuts you out of coverage.

Again, it'd be a close one and many companies don't strictly interpret that portion of the policy. But for the few hundred I'd likely not turn the loss in - you could be a nice guy and figure a bit of depreciation dependant on how old/used yours was and pitch that in if he replaces it for you. Just my two...

Hi Folks....

Problem solved. My neighbor helped me up grade from the "almost brand new", lost Lazer 8" to a brand spankin' new Ultra 9". He picked it up, and I pitched in the difference in costs. He's such a great guy, he didn't want a dime to begin with. But that just wouldn't be right.

So all is now well in Augerville....

Thanks for the replies....

Dan

[This message has been edited by Moose-Hunter (edited 01-30-2004).]

Wow...just think, if he had just bought one in the first place, you'd both have augers!
Of course, hindsight is 20/20...and he was going out for the first time. Was he surprised how expensive those things are?