• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What am I? A Hawk of some sorts I think?

Well I was screemin down the highway on Saturday when this owl caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. I did a 180. jumped out with my camera 100-400 and managed 2 handheld cropped shots that were so small when cropped they were under the posting guidline size when I started with an 11mb raw shot. So as you can guess the pic is not great because he was a ways out there but What is it? Oh Ya we was really Tall too. I would say 18" tall or better.( that is how I saw him at 65mph; don't tell Cliffy in the Detroit lakes Forum, I dont need a ticket.)

Who-am-I.jpg

Considering, you alluded to this guy being BIG - I am going to go with a juvenile Red-tailed Hawk. I've seen plenty of juvenile Bald Eagles up here and I don't think that's what you've got (just my opinion - but I'm pretty certain). Red-tailed hawks are pretty common especially over your direction (which is soon going to become my direction). I'm sure Steve or someone who's been at the birding longer will pipe in with a conclusive answer.

And the master sheds his light and makes all darkness disappear - what was once obscure now becomes known. I knew you'd have some insight - thanks Steve! \:\)

Steve is correct, not that he or anybody needed confirmation on that tidbit... If only I would have saw this thread earlier, I could have been the guru. whistle.gifgrin.gif Just kidding.... ;\)