• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How was everyone's weekend?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out on opener already Lisa. Hit the Croix on Saturday morning for WI opener. Grant got a couple of eyes, I didn't get swat. Eric got a nice fat bass. Good you are getting wrapped up with exams, fishing time is here!!!

Good luck on your exam.

Tore the floor out of my boat, and measured for a new one. Did some house cleaning, garage sale packing, and some bowfishing all on Sat. morning and afternoon.

Had dinner and took in a race next door on Sat night.

My little girl came home early on sunday!!!!! \:D\:D\:D

After getting into it with her mom on friday it was no shock to see her at 10am instead of 4pm, but it made my day.

We are working on redoing a room in our house, so we were taking 10 layers of wall paper off part of Saturday. Sunday, we attended the local MS Walk. Beautiful weather for walking yesterday. My oldest daughter has MS, so the jr hi and high school honor societies put together a team to walk for her. Pretty cool. Most of us walked 5 miles, but my daughter and hubby walked one.

How much of a break do you have between this semester and summer classes? Hopefully enough to relax and get some good fishing in! I'll be waiting for bass opener, so I've got some time yet.

Hey lisa - I was studying also. Just couldn'y get a HSOforum to work, finals are this week so HAD to get it. Finally got it this morning.

whew crazy.gif

For all you political people - I also spent all day Sat. at the DFL CD2 ( southern Minnesota ) convention as a delegate. Headed down to Rochester as a delegate for the State convention in June.

I spent my weekend sewing, trying to get ready for the craft show next weekend. Watched the Derby Saturday, my pick was the filly Eight Belles which had to be put down. cry.gif

Tami, I don't talk politics with friends but I think you are so dedicated!

Barb, I read in the paper about that racehorse. Just breaks your heart. I'm too much of a softy when it comes to animals. I don't think that's a good thing either. I blame Disney. I guess the only think that can be said was that she passed away doing what she probably loved. \:\( Something we would wish for anyone.

Just remember Lisa.....

The thigh bones connected to the Knee bone and the Knee bone's connected to the shin bone and the shin bone's connected to the ankle bone......... dem bones dem bones dem.....

I bet if you sing the song to your instructor you would get bonus points!!!!

I only WISH the test were on bones (do you all you SW dudes sing the bone song? boilerguy knows it word for word too. Are you a PBR guy too?? sick.gif) but it's on neural integration!! eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif You have to know what the pathways are when you step on a tack, "fight or flight", brain parts and what they do...stuff like that. It has to do with action potentials and neurotransmitters like acetylcholine that travel up the....well I hope all this means I'll do well on my test!! So far so good though. College is WAYY easier the 2nd time around.

my weekend was much better than the last. went north and got cabin ready for the summer season. lisa sounds like you stayed home, your hubby posted some really nice pictures on the deer river forum of the ice going out. i bet that bit to stay back, by the way i am not rubbing it in,yet,. good luck on your brain matter tests. you cn do it.

Originally Posted By: LisaTealz
I only WISH the test were on bones (do you all you SW dudes sing the bone song? boilerguy knows it word for word too. Are you a PBR guy too?? sick.gif) but it's on neural integration!! eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif You have to know what the pathways are when you step on a tack, "fight or flight", brain parts and what they do...stuff like that. It has to do with action potentials and neurostansmitters like acetylcholine that travel up the....well I hope all this means I'll do well on my test!! So far so good though. College is WAYY easier the 2nd time around.

Do they grade for spelling (neurotransmitters)? Just had to razz ya \:D

Glenn, priorities is my buzz word this year. Sometimes the fun has to go on the backburner. Although, I think Jim's weekend was much harder than mine. Except for those scenic drives. I would've loved to do that! \:\(

Barb, sassy little gal huh? \:\/\:D

Chad, you're telling me!! This stuff is not fun! eek.gif

lisa, keep your priorities in order then the fun will come. geeez i kinda sound like a preacher, enough of that. are you headed up to deer river for opener? im fishing around willmar area.

I'm not heading up for opener. That's a weekend (with another for Fall fishing) I like to call the "Testosterone Weekend". Most of the brothers/buddies head up to the cabin and this has been my husband's tradition wayyyy before I was in the picture. I get my jabs in about "no room in the boat for Lisa" but it's ok. I'll go the next weekend when there's usually less of a chance for a snowstorm! eek.gif\:D\:D

i/we have never fished winnie on open water, only thru the ice. to many other lakes closer and i chase nords and sunfish mostly after opener. would like to try cutfoot some day just cant find the time. hve you guys ever fieshed cutfoot open water?

where on cutfoot do you go on? again only been on it in the winter. we go on by williams narrows and my brother speared it off of seeley point. i have fished graves for sunfish and trolled for some pike. didnt do well. the 5 fish limit has its drawbacks also. i need to learn more about graves. how have you guys done on graves? have yous ever fished those smith lakes near graves. by the way your etter half took some nice pics last weekend and when he was at bowstring he was ony 6 miles from r place.ou

We launch at Mosomo usually and we go through the narrows (TONS of boats thru there!). We move around alot! I know in the fall we head to the McAvity more. I don't think Jim's cousin does great on Graves either but it's a good lake to bring his kids on. I've never fished Smith Lake. We ice fish on Bowstring. Since you're so close to Bowstring is that the lake you go on the most?

id like to fish bowstring more but my wife hates the lake. its definately a hit and miss lake and when shes with its more miss. i/we can make exceptions. we always go off the cty rd 35 access and fish to the left in front of a blueish green house. maybe should try other places. we typically stay close to the cabin lake cause we spear for the most part and play with the sunfish. next year we could hook up on bowstring maybe and show me some of your secret spots.