• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats That? (May 2 - Answers posted)

Heres five more commonly replaced parts. A couple are pretty easy and a couple are a little more difficult. Think you know what they are? I'll have the answers posted next week.

Part A

partA.jpg

Part B

partB.jpg

Part C

partC.jpg

Part D

partD.jpg

Part E

partE.jpg

A. A part that came out of my toilet. \:\) Something to do with vacuum

B.flexible ruler and some sensor that looks like a glow plug

C. Multi tool for propane distributors.

D. stainless steel ruler and a doohicky part that probably needs to be replaced too often

E. Steering linkage of some sort

I'm obviously no mechanic! grin.gifwhistle.gif

i actually think i have replaced a couple of these.

A) Fuel pump, but not from a 95 Ford F 150, but the fuel line connection looks the same, so it still could be a ford

C) Looks similar to a part that i replaced on a mustang that controlled the spedometer, i think it was on the side of the tranny. foggy memory

Now D has 2 pieces, I know what the top one is (stainless steel ruler), but the bottom one has me baffled (not hard to do), I know it didnt come off a Ford! Atleast I dont think it did crazy.gif

Welcome to HSO/FM DH525 & kdogg826. Between the two of you, you almost have them right!

A. Is a fuel pump module assembly. No longer are the days when you could just replace the pump. This particular one contains the pump, pressure regulator, and the fuel level sending unit. It came out of a late model Ford Expedition and oddly enough it failed on that one warm day we had a couple of weeks ago. It was one of the two pumps I did that day!

B. Is the famous Chevy truck four wheel drive front axle actuator. This one was out of an older Suburban. The complaint, was you guessed it, check four wheel drive inop. The fuse was blown, replaced the fuse with it unplugged and checked voltage which was good, plugged it back in and the fuse blew. At that point it was a no brainer. A new actuator and all is well.

C. Is A CMP shaft out of a late model Ford Taurus with a 3.0 OHV engine. It basically fills the whole left by the distributor and turns the exciter which the CMP sensor picks up and sends the signal to the computer. What happens with these is the bushings wear out and they start to squeak. It sounds just just like a belt squeak except if you put your head real close to the engine you will hear the squeak in your left ear and not the right.

D. Is a brake light switch out of a newer Dodge Caravan. I couldn't tell you how many of these we see with the brakes lights stuck on. 99% of the time this is the culprit.

E. Is the sway bar link for a Dodge Caravan. If the complaint is clunks over bumps its either this or the sway bar bushings. Just like a tie rod or ball joint the will get sloppy or break. its 50/50 either they clunk or there broken.