• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Maui, HI - I was there too........

I may have been at Maui at the same time as 311Hemi. Here's a few taken with an XT. I'll be watching to see what 311Hemi writes about the kit lens later on. Maui is a very nice place to visit.

Hawaii2008083.jpg

Hawaii2008143.jpg

Hawaii2008009.jpg

Nice pics CF!! Looks like you made it down to the lava flows on the south side of the island? We were at the Marriott on Kanapali beach the 11th through the 21st. I was lucky enough to be out there for my honeymoon last year also. I really enjoy Maui! Where were you on the island?

I will hopefully post up later today or tomorrow with some examples of some pics and issues I was having. Don't think they were related to the kit lens, but more the settings I was using. If you have questions definitely let them fly as I may learn something also!! I know I NEED a new lens (or two), just could not get close enough to stuff I wanted, and could not reach things that were far off.

311Hemi, I stayed at Kihei. Was there April 11-19. First time I've been to any part of Hawaii. The picture above of the waves hitting rocks was taken at Hookipa Beach near Kahului. I had driven the road to Hana that day and stopped to watch the surfers on the trip back. Big waves on that piece of beach. The other two photos are taken from Kihei looking West.

Because this is FM, I went fishing out of Lahaina. Seven lures in the water behind the boat. No fish. Eight hour boat ride with some nice guys on a beautiful day nonetheless. Saw humpback whales on a snorkel trip to Molokini on another day. Nice trip all in all.

I liked looking at your pictures. I'll want a better lens if I ever get back there. Looking forward to your further post.