• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund vs Crestliner: is there a difference in ride/stability?

g'eye pilot

Would anyone be able to comment on any noticable difference in ride between a Lund 1700 Pro Sport and a Crestliner 1750 Sportfish. Assume each boat would be outfitted with the same outboard and identical (or very close) in year class.

Thank-you in advance.

You will have more room in the sportfish being there boats are wider becuase they have a one piece gunnel, and there stringer system is all intacted to the bulk heads in the bottom of the boat. This is why they dont need to use the wider gunnel. Everything is tied in together to make is alot stronger.

Had a Crestliner, got tired of having to get the screw driver out to retighten every screw after every big water (ie leech, Mille Lacs) trip and switched to a lund pro v. Now I only use the screw driver once a yr

I have a Lund and my bro-in-law a Crestliner, similar althought his is a little bigger, but both are the sport/fish types with full consoles. We can go back and forth on likes and dislikes. Rod storage, layout, little details, etc.

Both are nice hulls and ride well, as both have been pounded end to end on north/south Mille Lacs runs. Not a dry run as if you were in a 20 foot Yar-Craft or Warrior, but serviceable indeed.

Comes down to what your specific use will be most often, and what set-up suits you best. Oh yeah, budget too!

I am not sure there would be a noticeable difference in ride between a Lund, Crestliner. One thing I like about a Crestliner is the smooth back corners of the boat. No rivets to snag and lose a fish on.

Never had to tighten screws myself my crestliner is on a lot of big water every year Lake of the Woods, Red, Michigan confused.gif

I am not a fan of the narrow gunnel's though makes it harder to install track systems, rod holders etc.

My fishing buddy has a 1750 Fish Hawk and it is the roughest riding boat I've ever been in. We fish Mille Lacs a lot and the hull design is way too shallow. That and when he bought it the factory didn't give him a single air ride pedestal. He would have to buy new ones every year due to the rough ride, but at least my back and butt would have a chance at surviving. We have owned Lunds and they are smoother riding. Aluminum is aluminum though...

I would go with the lund just for the rivited hull, durability will be better in the end, being a welder all my life and doing lots of alum i know that if you have a few bad starts or stops in a weld bead in a area you cant see your asking for trouble.... thats why they dont weld the outside joints on aircraft! Just my O2

Originally Posted By: weld1
I would go with the lund just for the rivited hull, durability will be better in the end, being a welder all my life and doing lots of alum i know that if you have a few bad starts or stops in a weld bead in a area you cant see your asking for trouble.... thats why they dont weld the outside joints on aircraft! Just my O2

That is why the presser test every hull!

My brother owns a Crestliner and I a LUND. He agrees with me that my LUND is smoother riding than his Crestliner. Both are very nice boats. I love LUNDs new sport track for the rod holders and such as one can move them around so easy