• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bought a dirtbike, husband thinks I'm nuts!

Hi everyone,

Its been forever and a day since I last posted. My hubby and I finally got to move into our new house a couple weeks ago. What a long, challenging, stressful building process. But now when its all said and done, it was worth it! And we managed to stay married throughout the process! So, at the age of 27, I decided that I needed to buy a dirtbike. I have had an obsession with mid 1980's Honda CRs for many years now. So I found me a nice one and I bought it. I thought my husband was going to kill me. Especially the other night when I called him at work to tell him that my shiny vintage motocross bike is now sitting in our basement. He says I'm the craziest girl he knows. But we don't have our garage built yet and I don't want my dirtbike exposed to the harsh Wisconsin elements! Anyway, I just felt the urge to post something tonight. You may see my shiny vintage motocross bike in the For Sale forum someday on here after I try riding it up the basement steps!! Hehehe

Brenda

Actually its an '83. Close to the year I was born. And yes I found another one this past week and now the hubby has one too, his is an '86. So if I can get an '84 and an '85, my mid 80's collection will be complete! Gotta collect something, right? Oh, and yes he did let me put his in the basement too!

100_1320.jpg

100_1331.jpg

how do i ask this nicely. are you nutz?just kidding. personally glenn needs 4 wheels or 2 skis and a track for his safe well being. but hey knock yourself out, have fun. do you get to do dounuts in the living room.

Originally Posted By: glenn57
how do i ask this nicely. are you nutz?just kidding. personally glenn needs 4 wheels or 2 skis and a track for his safe well being. but hey knock yourself out, have fun. do you get to do dounuts in the living room.

I'm with Glenn, when I get too decrepit to walk I am going to have a 6 wheeler for a wheel chair. Are you gonna do wheelies in the kitchen?

Thanks Brenda! Was begining to wonder if the "motorhead girl" was a thing of the past. I am TOTALY jealous of your husband! I think it's pretty cool that your in to old dirtbikes, those particular ones are my favorite as well, esp. the CR 500! That was one bada#%^$ bike. You have restored my confidence that there's some of you girls left!! I'll keep looking!! grin.gif

Thats awesome, couple of great bikes. I'm jelous too. Wish my wife would buy me a bike. I grew up riding dirt bikes and racing mx, like they say its always in your blood, and am dying to get another bike, hopefully soon.