• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Womens GTG

ok - sounds like we need to get a Womens GTG ( Get Together )organized !!! \:D - yippy, all girl road trip, boat trip, atving, kayaking, and anything else. grin.gif

I have 2 kayaks and 1 ATV, and camping gear. How about Father Henn State Park on the south shore of Mille Lacs. Theres ATVing, we can fish the bay for perch, crappies and small mouth. And there is an ATV trail close by.

OR - very open to other ideas.

glenn, you're just jealous you weren't invited aren't you?

Jim went up to the cabin to check on it yesterday and everything looked great. No water in the basement and was melting fast. He said Deer Lake was pulling away from shore a little. No new snow reports and I think they got some rain this morning.

So we could camp at Father Henn. fish the bay with the kayaks and go on a launch on a Sat.

Sounds like a great time.

Lets start throwing out some possible dates!!!

Hey Guys - if your wives fish and may be interested, we'd love to have em' --- but they need to join FM and offically become a " HSO Women" grin.gif

Its a club thing ya know - \:Dgrin.gifcool.gif

your right lisa i am jealous. i figured i would follow yous around incogneto in another boat to figure out all your weaknesses for that male/female fishing contest in dec/jan. thanks for the deer river info.

Okay guys(men) a little help here. If we decide on the launch trip which would be better June or July? I have never fished Mille Lacs so I don't know much about it. If we do the camping thing do we have to reserve in advance? I am tied up on the following dates:

June 21-22

July 25-27

August 9-10

Originally Posted By: reelemin
So we could camp at Father Henn. fish the bay with the kayaks and go on a launch on a Sat.

Sounds like a great time.

Lets start throwing out some possible dates!!!

Hey Guys - if your wives fish and may be interested, we'd love to have em' --- but they need to join FM and offically become a " HSO Women" grin.gif

Its a club thing ya know - \:Dgrin.gifcool.gif

Can you haul your 4 wheeler and your kayaks all at once? I would probably have to leave mine at home if I want to bring my boat. I might be able to figure some way of getting them both there.

The fishing is better in June, but you risk wet weather (rainiest month of the year). July is warmer water, warmer air but the fishing isn't always the greatest. Any launch captain worth his salt will get you on fish. There is always the late launch from like 6 or 8pm till midnight.

There are a couple launches that run out of the south and west ends.

Sounds like a great idea!

Meme live in Neb. Dunno if I can join. But I got to admit. I have NO FISHING equipment or anything. Last time I went fishing was in high school and that was hmmmm more than a decade ago but less than 15 years tho. heh

Hopefully this summer I will be able to get out and do some fishing with my friend (a fellow fm'er rebel9921) He's the one who's been teaching me all about the fishing world! Especially the Musky Fever! That fever is insatiable!!!! LOL

But anyways...go for it and if I can join, I will let u guys know but if not this year maybe sometime in the future! :-)

forgot to add, I'm deaf. Can't remember if I did mention that in my bio or not. heh ;-) but i'm not worried about that. Just thought to mention that so that you guys dont freak out when u first meet me. (whenever that would be!) hee hee :-D