• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ruddy on the wing

I took the 12 foot Jon boat out with the trolling motor in yesterdays wind (todays is ridiculous) and went in pursuit of some species that migrate through the area... it was hard passing up on easy Loon shots, but it had to be done. Here is a passing Ruddy Duck.

95692615.jpg

Originally Posted By: stfcatfish
Loon shmoon, buzzy. There are enough loon shots in the world to choke every birding magazine editor.

Go for "those other ducks!" Nice shot. Low angle, sweet light, excellent pose and wing placement. grin.gifgrin.gif

Thanks and I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Buzz, that's real nice, but I'm still waiting for a shot of a nuthatch on the wing. Take this as a challenge.
I love challenges!! grin.gif I plan on getting more BIF images this year, I'll try and work in the speedy Nuthatch. grin.gif I have a challenge for you... you see if you can get one first. ;\)

Originally Posted By: buzzsaw
Should we just open up a BIF thread? Stevo, whatcha think? grin.gif

That sounds like a nifty idea. Also, hovering or coming in for a landing shots, should be excluded. The birds should actually be heading somewhere, not alighting.

Buzzy, go ahead and put up a BIF thread. Lots of folks have BIF shots, and it'll be a good chance to talk techniques and gear. BIF is about the most demanding subset of the most demanding niche (avian) in nature photography. grin.gifgrin.gif

Oh, and any bird flapping or gliding, whether in the air or in the process of landing or taking off, is a BIF as far as I'm concerned. grin.gifgrin.gif

Sweet! Should we do a sticky so it stays up top or just let everybody find the thread when they have an image to share? I agree with your definition of a BIF. We just can't allow Jody Melanson to be a part of this... he IS the master of BIF shots.

Hey, anyone is welcome, my man. You know that! Heck, if Jody drops a line in our waters now and then maybe we could even get Artie Morris, the grand duke of BIF, to swing on by. grin.gifgrin.gif

Just go ahead and start it and we'll all find it. Too many stickies sometimes irritate the HSO/FM family members, and we've already got a bunch up top here. whistle.gifwhistle.gif